The forum clock is like 12 minutes fast

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Post Reply
User avatar
GigaPepsiMan
Posts: 2692
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:06 pm

The forum clock is like 12 minutes fast

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:50 pm

Can we fix this please, the clock is becoming more and more off all the time.

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26326
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: The forum clock is like 12 minutes fast

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:12 pm

It's a cunning plan by Daz to make us think we're in the future so he can sneak more modern games into the mag ;)
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
necronom
Posts: 5648
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: Middlesbrough

Re: The forum clock is like 12 minutes fast

Post by necronom » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:26 pm

At the moment it's taking 12 minutes to load a page, so by the time the text has all appeared, it's just right. :D
Image
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

User avatar
Treguard
Posts: 2392
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: The forum clock is like 12 minutes fast

Post by Treguard » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:18 pm

At the moment its an hour ahead. I take it Retro Gamer doesn't observe Daylight Savings Time?

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26326
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: The forum clock is like 12 minutes fast

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:20 pm

Treguard wrote:At the moment its an hour ahead. I take it Retro Gamer doesn't observe Daylight Savings Time?
It's an option in the User Control Panel, since not everywhere uses that. You can select your timezone and whether or not to enable DST.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Bub&Bob
Posts: 6830
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:24 pm

Re: The forum clock is like 12 minutes fast

Post by Bub&Bob » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:31 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:It's an option in the User Control Panel, since not everywhere uses that. You can select your timezone and whether or not to enable DST.
So, ive got Western European, Greenwich Mean Time selected and DST is set to No - the time is currently 1 hour ahead

When I change the DST to Yes its 2 hours ahead.

Am I being thick?
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

User avatar
markopoloman
Posts: 11657
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:03 am
Location: Poole, Dorset

Re: The forum clock is like 12 minutes fast

Post by markopoloman » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:53 pm

Maybe you are actually an hour in front of the rest of us! Can you let me know the results of the next horse race please :lol:

As for it being wrong - bit odd sa mine is set the same but time is correct!
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Bub&Bob
Posts: 6830
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:24 pm

Re: The forum clock is like 12 minutes fast

Post by Bub&Bob » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:49 pm

markopoloman wrote:Maybe you are actually an hour in front of the rest of us! Can you let me know the results of the next horse race please :lol:

As for it being wrong - bit odd sa mine is set the same but time is correct!
I will leave work an hour early today and see what happens....
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

User avatar
Treguard
Posts: 2392
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: The forum clock is like 12 minutes fast

Post by Treguard » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:00 pm

Bub&Bob wrote:
markopoloman wrote:Maybe you are actually an hour in front of the rest of us! Can you let me know the results of the next horse race please :lol:

As for it being wrong - bit odd sa mine is set the same but time is correct!
I will leave work an hour early today and see what happens....
Nope, I ticked the DST box and it jumped another hour ahead. it's 17:00 now, the site says it's 18:00, if I tick the box it's 19:00. Are we on French servers or something?

User avatar
koopa42
Posts: 5903
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Playing the victim apparently?

Re: The forum clock is like 12 minutes fast

Post by koopa42 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:04 pm

Great Scott

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests