Can we merge the collectors threads.

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

GigaPepsiMan

Can we merge the collectors threads.

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:19 pm

Now I understand that teh collection threads have been very popular in the its all about the games section of the forum but do we really need a thread for every console, can't we just merge everything into one big thread of collection, the collection photos thread covers all machines so if that can work so can this new thread and it isn't like it would break up conversation or anything because we have the quote button to use.
Anyway it isn't that the threads are a problem but I think an all in one would be a better idea that could easily work.
Last edited by GigaPepsiMan on Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XFile2708

Re: Can we merge the colltors threads.

Post by XFile2708 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:28 pm

Personally I prefer the individual ones - that way I can subscribe to the ones that interest me and not pay any attention to the ones that dont :D

DigitalDuck

Post by DigitalDuck » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:10 pm

XFile2708 wrote:Personally I prefer the individual ones - that way I can subscribe to the ones that interest me and not pay any attention to the ones that dont :D
Pretty much that. Maybe a sub-forum could work, though? Best of both worlds.
Xbox Live | YouTube | Top games picture | Top games list

Help needed for gaming-related projects! PM or email for full details if you can do:
2D or 3D art
Story writing
Shmup level design

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:19 pm

DigitalDuck wrote:
XFile2708 wrote:Personally I prefer the individual ones - that way I can subscribe to the ones that interest me and not pay any attention to the ones that dont :D
Pretty much that. Maybe a sub-forum could work, though? Best of both worlds.
Good idea. It could only work if the creation of new threads was strictly supervised though or else you would still get duplicate threads and the same stuff from 'It's all about the games' being posted in there.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Antiriad2097

Re: Can we merge the collectors threads.

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:48 pm

No sub forums, the threads just get ignored then. Most posters only visit the Games and Off Topic areas.

Keep the separate system threads, its easier to stay on topic then and theres a more coherent discussion. If you put all of the systems in one big thread, you'd end up with less posts as it would be a meandering mess.

If multiple threads are popping to the top of the forum, that just proves they are needed as they're active.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

RetroBob

Re: Can we merge the collectors threads.

Post by RetroBob » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:09 pm

Don't really want stuff I'm interested in mixed in with stuff I'm not. Imagine a Master System thread polluted with PS2, urgh. The collectors threads should be more than just pictures of your collection, should be a discussion on what's hot and what's not (collecting wise) on that particular console.

Keep it separate I reckon.
Xbox Live: RetroBob