Any chance of a feature on.. *submit name here*

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:07 pm

Was there something on dreamcast shmps a while ago? I remember seeing a picture of darren's collection and a comment saying there was something coming up, but I've not seen anything yet. Might be one of the issues i missed though.

Would love a feature on X68000/PC-98/FM Towns, but guess thats unlikely.

nifta

Post by nifta » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:23 pm

CraigGrannell wrote:Mel was interviewed in issue 40.
d'oh how did i miss that?! thanks - that's brilliant!

The Loafer

Post by The Loafer » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:03 am

Has there ever been a retrospective look at the various console "wars"? There have been many:

UK: Amstrad vs Spectrum vs C64, Megadrive vs SNES
US: Atari 2600 vs Intellivision vs Colecovision, Genesis vs SNES

You can add Saturn vs PSX, etc, etc. Anyway, my point is people have been passionate and extremely loyal about their chosen console, and you can see it throughout every era, including our own now with the xbox 360 vs PS3 debates. Gamers love their consoles, who knows, there might be good entertainment value in hearing comments about those of us who lived through the various battles. Heck, I still have scars! ;)

If not fitting for the magazine, it certainly might make a good thread on the forums.

Rob

theMot

Post by theMot » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:36 am

The Loafer wrote:Has there ever been a retrospective look at the various console "wars"? There have been many:

UK: Amstrad vs Spectrum vs C64, Megadrive vs SNES
US: Atari 2600 vs Intellivision vs Colecovision, Genesis vs SNES

You can add Saturn vs PSX, etc, etc. Anyway, my point is people have been passionate and extremely loyal about their chosen console, and you can see it throughout every era, including our own now with the xbox 360 vs PS3 debates. Gamers love their consoles, who knows, there might be good entertainment value in hearing comments about those of us who lived through the various battles. Heck, I still have scars! ;)

If not fitting for the magazine, it certainly might make a good thread on the forums.

Rob
Yeah that would be good.

Oh and while your at it fellas do a feature on

-Super Play Magazine (Wil can do the RG cover that month) :P
-Final Fantasy VI
-Grand Prix 2
-Red Alert
-Speed Ball 2 (I've seen the Bitmaps feature but SB needs its own article)
-The good old days of importing games and having to use random adapters to get them to work
-Blues Brothers on the Amiga
-Alex Kidd in Shinobi world on the Master System

C'mon i don't ask much. :D

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:58 am

theMot wrote:-Speed Ball 2 (I've seen the Bitmaps feature but SB needs its own article)
That one should happen next year at some point. I'm in touch with Eric and Dan, and they've both agreed to an interview.
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:03 am

The Loafer wrote:Has there ever been a retrospective look at the various console "wars"? .

Rob
ha ha this would be an ace little series of articles - we could all be like those people in the simpsons and live in a home for 'Veterans of unpopular console wars.'