Issue 23 Feedback

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

White Demon

Re:

Post by White Demon » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:31 am

big1aust wrote:Pleased to report that I have got my back issues (and well worth the wait they were too) although the anticipation of my sub issue was a little premature as I made a mistake - on checking my sub letter I found that it doesn't start until next issue. Luckily my local newsagent had a copy so I'm now up to date.

Cheers
big1aust
Yeah I got my copy of 23 in the post yesterday. Happy now.

*scuttles off to read*

Ash

Re:

Post by Ash » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:11 am

NorthWay wrote: Worms: Exclusive. Good. More. Gimme. (And you could have done a bit on what game won the AF compo and what AF said about why Worms didn't.)
Worms didn't win because it was never given a chance - I'm told that the staff at Amiga Format were swamped with so many entries that they didn't get a chance to check every game that came in and Worms was one of the ones that they missed. I'm not quite sure what won the competition but I seem to remember something about clowns jumping on a see-saw. It was certainly no 5million seller, let's put it that way.

Kai

Re:

Post by Kai » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:18 am

White Demon wrote:
big1aust wrote:Pleased to report that I have got my back issues (and well worth the wait they were too) although the anticipation of my sub issue was a little premature as I made a mistake - on checking my sub letter I found that it doesn't start until next issue. Luckily my local newsagent had a copy so I'm now up to date.
Cheers
big1aust
Yeah I got my copy of 23 in the post yesterday. Happy now.
Also got my back issues (19-21) and also luckily found #23 (the one and only copy my local newsagent had). Feels like X-mas :wink:
Now, the next days are saved and I can put my mind at rest and look relaxed forward to my first sub issue...

Szczepaniak

Post by Szczepaniak » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:21 am

I just got issue 23 today, and noticed something...

For some baffling reason, the editing team introduced a MAJOR error into my work, in the South African Global Gaming column. I introduced Tamaryn Brooke-Smith with the word "herself", since she is a young woman, and it was changed to "he" and "himself" in the final article. For the record, Tamaryn is a woman.

Any idea how this happened Darran?
Last edited by Szczepaniak on Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Re:

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:41 am

Szczepaniak wrote:I just got issue 23 today, and noticed something...

For some baffling reason, the editing team introduced a MAJOR error into my work, in the South African Global Gaming column. I introduced Tamaryn Brooke-Smith with the word "herself", since she is a young woman, and it was changed to "he" and "himself" in the final article. For the record, Tamaryn is a woman.

Any idea how this happened Darran?
Sorry mate, the error is my fault, and if anyone complains, I'll take full responisibility.

Due to my unfounded complaints against John's dilligent work, we will be retiring Global Gaming for a while and introducing a new feature to replace it.

mel the bell

Post by mel the bell » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:19 pm

YAY just found issue 23 in a small newsagent in whitby :)
only had a quick glance through while we sat in a cafe with the kids stuffing there faces, the snes article looks very interesting, also the malcolm evans, ocean, palace ones look interesting too

so now im just missing issues 21 and 22 i think
On 2003-12-08 20:15, cyborg wrote:
You're all corporate bitches if you buy a console - face it. Unless it's a Phantom - in that case you're just stupid - because even if it did exist it'd be crap

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Mon May 08, 2006 6:09 am

This one apparently never actually arrived back home, issues 22 and 24 turned up successfully though. I don't suppose there's any way to track where this went, so I guess I'll have to pick it up again from somewhere.

I hope my thieving postman has a good read! (disclaimer: may not actually be a thief)