Suggestions For Developer Interviews

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Stellaking

Post by Stellaking » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:31 am

John Wilson aka Rochdale Balrog...

Biggest producer/developer of adventure games in the world at one point...

Gotta be done mate :)

Stellaking

Re:

Post by Stellaking » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:37 am

paranoid marvin wrote:How about an interview with Sir Clive?
He was on TV very recently, was it on a politics show ? culture show on the BBC... Cant recall now. Wonder if he would do an interview for the mag ? Mmmm...

I would like to see an interview with the German based www.ngdevteam.com and a feature on their forthcoming & sublime looking "Last Hope" for the Dreamcast, Neo-Geo AES & CD

seanmcmanus

Post by seanmcmanus » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:45 am

I'd like to read an interview with David Jones who did the Magic Knight games. I loved Finders Keepers and Spellbound. Spellbound consumed most of my school summer holiday one year. The other games looked great too, but I never took the time to get into them.

An interview with Alan Sugar would be great, as would Clive Sinclair. He's written the foreword for a Spectrum book recently so he might be interested in talking again.

Sean

chinnyhill10

Re:

Post by chinnyhill10 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:57 am

Stellaking wrote:
paranoid marvin wrote:How about an interview with Sir Clive?
He was on TV very recently, was it on a politics show ? culture show on the BBC... Cant recall now. Wonder if he would do an interview for the mag ? Mmmm...
Now there is a person who you could put on the cover would everyone would recognise!

Actually I'm surprised that RG hasn't done an Apprentice tie-in. Alan Sugar on the cover etc.

I believe in Retro Gamer so much that I'm giving my fee to Great Ormand Street Hospital.

Paulie68000

Post by Paulie68000 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:02 am

Paul Woakes does very much exist - I met him a couple of years ago when he was looking to get back into the games industry.

He'd been out of the industry for a while writing databases for supermarkets!

What a waste of talent! He even showed me a copy of PC Damocles (the one that got canned by Psygnosis)

After that he vanished off the face of the earth when I tried to get back in contact with him :o(

- Paulie.

Danforth

Another good developer...

Post by Danforth » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:12 am

I'd like to see an interview / feature on Piranha. (ISTR this was definitely a codeshop & not just a label)
They did the excellent Trap Door game (spectacular if somewhat clunky Spectrum graphics and a remix of the theme tune) and a bunch of 2000AD tie-ins, as well as a text adventure based on Terry Pratchett's The Colour of Magic, before folding and leaving a few games MIA.
Clones are People II

romanista

Re:

Post by romanista » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:31 am

Dudley wrote:
bolda wrote:Just thought of another... Chris Sawyer (Tycoon series)... Transport Tycoon one of my fave retro PC games, still play it loads nowadays!
Given how hillariouslhy bad his last game was he's probably hiding.
and this could include an article how the open source community made open transport tycoon, so i can play it on my mac as well now...
Macretro, for all your retrogames on the mac

smilertoo

Post by smilertoo » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:22 pm

Tony Crowther, i loved his mid 80's games.
yes i have a sig.

revgiblet

Post by revgiblet » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:42 pm

Another vote for Mike Singleton.

He may have already talked about Lords of Midnight, but I missed that issue and you should all have to see the same information again for my benefit. :P

However, I'd also love to know about the Midwinter games (especially as Midwinter 2 is one of my favourite Amiga games ever) and Shadowfax.

Not to mention his recent work on Wrath Unleashed, a game that was so obviously a 'tribute' to Archon it's not even funny.
"He who lives only to benefit himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies."

Tertullian

C4

Post by C4 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:33 pm

How about AKI, the developers behind all those wrestling and fighting titles such WCW/nWo Revenge, WWF no mercy, Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 and the Def Jam series?