Ideas for games for Retro Shamer

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

yethboth

Ideas for games for Retro Shamer

Post by yethboth » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:40 am

Here are a couple of games that I strongly request should be featured in a future Retro Shamer features please:

1. Shaq Fu

2. Crypt Killer

What on earth were these people thinking of when they created these two dreadful games. :cry:

What other dreadful games does everyone think that should be in a future feature of Retro Shamer?
My You Tube Channel is: http://www.youtube.com/user/yethboth

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:49 am

E.T, that game has a heck of a story about it which is shown in the Wintergreen Music video 'When I wake up'. The game got rushed and courtsy of that theres about 5 million carts buried somewhere in the Desert. Anyone wish to borrow a shovel?

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:09 pm

Star Wars Super Bombad Racing!!!
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:10 pm

Battle Arena Toshinden It was a bad game at the time but it's aged really badly too, those polygons are textured terribly. Join with that annoying characters and the simpllistic playabilty very bad

RetroKingSimon

Post by RetroKingSimon » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:18 pm

I feel strongly that the hideous-ness of Star Fighter 3000 for Saturn and PlayStation be acknowledged by the community. :evil: I know it may be a little too modern to be in RG but it's such an appalling conversion. :cry: I'm a huge fan of the 3DO version, and the Saturn and PlayStation would've been capable of hosting a superior version if it was converted by someone with talent or who could be bothered to do it properly. As it is, however, they are both so bad, far inferior to the 3DO version in fact, that I can't believe they were even released. The graphics are atrocious, and on systems with superior capabilities too...

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:03 pm

Elgin_McQueen wrote:Star Wars Super Bombad Racing!!!
I quite like that.

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:10 pm

Crazy Ivan - what do you mean the player would want a draw distance!!?? Played this the other week for a giggle becasue I remembered the crappy fmv and the even crappier voice acting, but theres just no gameplay.
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

sebadude

Post by sebadude » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:35 pm

Pit Fighter!

I remember that at school we were all crazy about this game, but the megadrive / snes versions were terrible - and I'm pretty sure the original arcade wasn't much better.

Digitised graphics does not a good game make!

RetroKingSimon

Post by RetroKingSimon » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:49 pm

sebadude wrote:Pit Fighter!

I remember that at school we were all crazy about this game, but the megadrive / snes versions were terrible - and I'm pretty sure the original arcade wasn't much better.

I liked MegaDrive Pitfighter back in the day but I haven't played it recently. I'm scared to now :(

sebadude

Post by sebadude » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:03 pm

RetroKingSimon wrote:
sebadude wrote:Pit Fighter!

I liked MegaDrive Pitfighter back in the day but I haven't played it recently. I'm scared to now :(
Same here... I think myself and my friends loved it because the digitised graphics made the violence feel far more exciting. But even in my mind, i can just visualise those two characters bobbling their way around the screen, with that horrendous stripey floor / background and the crowd with three frames of animation. Urgh!

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:29 pm

HAHA Pitfighter! man that was bad.

I nominate Bubsy.

MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:02 pm

C=Style wrote:I nominate Bubsy.
Hmm... How about Bubsy 3D? ;)

will2097

Post by will2097 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:06 pm

Akira on the Amiga. I loved the film (after the second or third viewing) but the game...

sscott

Re: Ideas for games for Retro Shamer

Post by sscott » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:13 pm

yethboth wrote:Here are a couple of games that I strongly request should be featured in a future Retro Shamer features please:

1. Shaq Fu

2. Crypt Killer

What on earth were these people thinking of when they created these two dreadful games. :cry:

What other dreadful games does everyone think that should be in a future feature of Retro Shamer?
I also have that fine piece of programming forged in the fires of hell.

I payed £5 for it, the controls are bloody awful,

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:16 pm

will2097 wrote:Akira on the Amiga. I loved the film (after the second or third viewing) but the game...
Yep I agree with that, saw the screenshots in a magazine early mid 90's and thought brilliant, the motor bike screens with Kaneda's bike looked good and the platform bits looked interesting.....got to play it many years later and what a disaster...wasted licenese...

Always wanted someone to translate the Akira adventure game on the Famicom as well, got that on an emulator but my Japanese consits of Konnichi wa, sayounara and Baka Gaijin (stupid forginer) so kinda stuck at the best of times....
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"