Official Feedback FOR ISSUE 47

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Tabe

Post by Tabe » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:43 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Tabe wrote:I hate the cover. As someone said way back on page 2 or 3 of this thread, the lack of color looks awful - like a fanzine or something. Just looks really, really bad next all the previous issues of RG.
Out of curiosity, were you ever an Elite player? Or an 8-bit computer gamer? Or both?
Never played Elite, no. I had an Apple IIe back in the day - I don't recall Elite even coming out for the Apple.

Yes, I was an 8-bit gamer - Lode Runner, the Ultima series, One on One, and tons of other games.

I don't think Elite had much of an impact here in the US. I certainly don't recall any of my friends talking about it.

Tabe

darwinconan

great cover!

Post by darwinconan » Thu May 29, 2008 10:35 pm

somehow I miss this issue at Barnes & Nobles and elite was my all time favorite game ever! I had to order it as a back issue to get this. I live in the states and Elite was really popular here especially the C64 version. I played this game on my C64 back in the late 80's and love it. I thought the article was good about elite but don't understand Ian Bell and David Braben comments about the Nintendo version was the best. The Nintendo version did not have slaves or drug selling in it because Nintendo would not allow it. In fact Nintendo did not release it here in the states. I think they thought the game might hurt their family oriented image. If I created a game and Nintendo took out part of the game I would be really upset. Anyway me and and my friends love the game. I bought elite 2 and 3 but they were not as good as the first one.