Official Feedback FOR ISSUE 44

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:51 am

Not received mine - who do I contact?? :cry:
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:14 am

your local MP.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:27 am

Ghostbusters!
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:31 am

SirClive wrote:your local MP.
I just tried that - they said they would look into it but suggested I ask on the magazine's forum. They were confident that I would get lots of help and not receive any smart-arsed comments.

Just goes to show how little politicians know!
:wink:
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

yethboth

Post by yethboth » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:11 am

COOL FRONT COVER! :D I will be looking forward in reading this issue very soon.

Quick question though, why is Doom 3 available on XBox and not on Playstation 2?

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:02 pm

yethboth wrote:Quick question though, why is Doom 3 available on XBox and not on Playstation 2?
Because its much easier to port from PC to X-Box than PS2 for architectural reasons, as well as the fact that the X-Box is marginally more capable. Even the X-Box version took a big visual hit compared to the PC, a PS2 version would look horrible.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:48 pm

Bub&Bob wrote:
SirClive wrote:your local MP.
I just tried that - they said they would look into it but suggested I ask on the magazine's forum. They were confident that I would get lots of help and not receive any smart-arsed comments.

Just goes to show how little politicians know!
:wink:
Yep, they should really have told you to look on the website and get a contact number for the subs department.

Frank Chickens

Post by Frank Chickens » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:12 pm

SirClive wrote: Yep, they should really have told you to look on the website and get a contact number for the subs department.
..who will then tell you it's the old issue (even though it's the current one) and they will add it on to your subscription and you'll have to pay for this one.
"A cynic is what an optimist calls a realist"

Nightbreed

Post by Nightbreed » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:14 pm

Once again a cracking issiue of RG.

Not fully read through it yet but the Doom feature is great. Got all the Dooms on my Xbox and Doom3 is trouser browning stuff.

Nice look back At James Pond too. Even though Robocod was MASSIVELY ovrrated on its release.

And E.T. Deserves its place in Retro Shamer, Downloaded it a while ago just to see how crap it was, Truly DIRE game.
Bring back Thingy and Rockford!!! Zzap 64 liberation front!!! :):):)

McBoosh

Post by McBoosh » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:50 pm

Well done, cracking issue - any issue with a large amount of Sega gets me going! On the run 'n gun list - come on, why no Ranger X? A far greater game than Alien 3 (which has the most annoying end game sequence ever). Or would Ranger X be classed as a more 'Walk n run'? And what about Alien Soldier? Surely there was room in the list for this one? I shall now retreat to my old mega drive box, and have a nice little doze...

Kai

Post by Kai » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:31 am

Another great issue, guys! And another brilliant cover!
I liked the Run N Gun feature very much, though I don't understand why you featured the SNES version of THE CHAOS ENGINE and not the Amiga version which is definitely better.
Maybe it's just me but sometimes I get the impression that you avoid Amiga screenshots.
More Amiga love please! :D

yethboth

Post by yethboth » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:44 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
yethboth wrote:Quick question though, why is Doom 3 available on XBox and not on Playstation 2?
Because its much easier to port from PC to X-Box than PS2 for architectural reasons, as well as the fact that the X-Box is marginally more capable. Even the X-Box version took a big visual hit compared to the PC, a PS2 version would look horrible.

Was this the case as to why Quake came out on the Sega Saturn and not on the Playstation?

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:32 am

Frank Chickens wrote:
SirClive wrote: Yep, they should really have told you to look on the website and get a contact number for the subs department.
..who will then tell you it's the old issue (even though it's the current one) and they will add it on to your subscription and you'll have to pay for this one.
Exacly what happened!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:42 am

yethboth wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:

Was this the case as to why Quake came out on the Sega Saturn and not on the Playstation?
I'm not taking the bait...
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Loftgroover

Post by Loftgroover » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:46 am

another good issue...doing the feature on Doom finally got my housemate to stop calling me a sad old c*nt living in the past too as its his favourite ever game.

now to get my girlfriend to accept me buying a sonic blastman arcade machine instead of an exercise bike...