Christmas pics

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Darran@Retro Gamer

Christmas pics

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:01 am

Come on guys, some of you must have photos when you were opening up your new computers and games on Christmas day.

If I can dress up as Mario, you can show us your pics from yesteryear to use in the mag.

mrCustard

Post by mrCustard » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:06 am

Surpsingly I never obtained any computer or console for Xmas, or other holidays. I paid for my Spectrum with the interitance of my late gran. Should I post some photos of the funeral ? :lol:

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:37 am

mrCustard wrote:Surpsingly I never obtained any computer or console for Xmas, or other holidays. I paid for my Spectrum with the interitance of my late gran. Should I post some photos of the funeral ? :lol:
Only if its open casket so we can see if she shares your joy ;)
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

rupert

Post by rupert » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:29 am

We tried this on sega8bit last year but not many people had stuff, ian made this short artical:
http://www.smstributes.co.uk/view_artic ... ticleid=29

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:52 am

We were a humble family making do on a working class wage. We couldn't afford the luxury of a camera! The only piccies of my childhood are on days out to Chester Zoo and the likes.

How about the RG team do their own 'reconstructions' of our christmas memories :D

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:35 am

I have a picture of me opening a joystick somewhere but that was from a birthday not christmas, I'll see if I can dig it out and we can lie about it :D
Splink!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:32 pm

There was one of me from around that time playing Galaxy Twinvader, though its not a christmassy pic particularly. Might have something in the background but no opening shots.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Nitters

Post by Nitters » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:51 pm

felgekarp wrote:I have a picture of me opening a joystick somewhere but that was from a birthday not christmas, I'll see if I can dig it out and we can lie about it :D
Next you'll be suggesting a (premium rate) phone in where readers can name the new Retro Gamer cat :)
#define QUESTION ((bb) | !(bb)) - Shakespeare.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:04 pm

Apologies for the quality on these but they are pictures of pictures and technically they aren't opening presents either.

Here's me gawping at my cousins 64 and probably thinking "why didn't they get a spectrum"

Here's me playing my new Game & Watch game, Hero And Princess, whilst my grandad in the background is no doubt searching for some booze.

And here it is all these years later, I don't think it works anymore though.
Splink!

RetroRik

Post by RetroRik » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:09 am

SirClive wrote:We were a humble family making do on a working class wage. We couldn't afford the luxury of a camera! The only piccies of my childhood are on days out to Chester Zoo and the likes.
Chester Zoo.... You had it easy.. We had to make our Zoo animals out of twigs and leafs and lay in't middle of road playing with them..If we were lucky.! :wink:

felgekarp....Classic...You haven't changed a bit apart from the beard.. :D

RIK
Last edited by RetroRik on Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:59 am

Somewhere, I have a picture of me unwrapping an Amiga A500+ that I got for crimbo - I'll see if I can find it, I'm sure it's about somewhere :D