Retro Gamer T-Shirts

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:05 pm

bolda wrote:I've been umming and ahhing about printing a couple of T-shirts myself with some of those iron-on transfers you can print on yourself but I don't know how good they are.
I've been thinking the same as I bought a load of cheap plain t-shirts for the beach last month. Too many plain white ones now.

I've used transfers before, knocking up a 'God Save The Queen' replica for a punk themed party I went to. They work really well, though I'm not sure how many washs they'll last as mine was slashed up a bit and went in the bin. Still, when you're using 3 for a fiver t-shirts they're fairly disposable.

My thinking was to do a few small logos on one sheet then cut them up and spread those across several Ts, as the paper is probably the most expensive part. That and I tend not to wear huge images across my chest these days as I don't have the shape for it (I really need to get back on the diet and go to the gym).

Still, a fiver for some shirts and a few quid for a few sheets of paper - you'll get at least a couple of decent shirts for under a tenner. Can't hurt to experiment.

If you've ever owned a t-shirt where the picture felt 'plasticky' and it all cracked when it was washed too hot/often, that's what the transfers are like.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

bolda

Post by bolda » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:00 pm

Thanks for the info Ant, might have to give it a try. I'm off to Australia for 3 weeks in November so I was thinking of buying some el-cheapo T-shirts that I don't mind getting mucky/sweaty and could even chuck away while I'm there instead of carting them back with me... thought a few retro game transfers might liven them up a bit. I was thinking maybe a white T-shirt with the Megadrive logo across the chest (not too big mind!) and a small SEGA logo on the back, just below the neck. 8)

What sort of printer did you use? I've got a HP inkjet printer-scanner-photocopier-all-in-one jobby, it's lower end of the range but it's reasonable for printing photos on like. Would that be up to the job or should I sneak into work and use the colour laser printer? :?
GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!
ImageImageImage

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:08 pm

Minimalist is best - I got the 48k with 4 colour band across the chest and the 'cherry 100' t-shirts , and was well impressed with both
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:23 pm

bolda wrote:What sort of printer did you use? I've got a HP inkjet printer-scanner-photocopier-all-in-one jobby, it's lower end of the range but it's reasonable for printing photos on like. Would that be up to the job or should I sneak into work and use the colour laser printer? :?
Inkjet is fine, I used a cheap Epson myself. Do not use the work's laser printer unless you buy laser transfer paper - the inkjet paper will melt onto the laser's fuser unit. Remember, these are iron on transfers, so they're designed to separate from the paper with heat and high temperature is a key element in the laser printing process.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:33 pm

woody.cool wrote:
CraigGrannell wrote:Image
This is the sort of thing I was thinking of. Only less sh*t, obv.
I don't think that's too bad, really!
I think my comment was more down to it being slapped together in Photoshop in, literally, a few seconds. It's a bit slap-dash. I like the text, though—it has dual meaning!
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

L i n k .

Post by L i n k . » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:48 pm

[quote="woody.cool"][quote="CraigGrannell"]Image

Could You Have "Time For Toes!" Instead.
That'd Be Great.

khisanth

Post by khisanth » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:06 pm

I am definitely up for getting a retro gamer t-shirt. Be proud to display my allegiance to my favourite magazine!

elmosexwhistle

Post by elmosexwhistle » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:00 pm

isn't it great how retro gamer brings back memories of our childhoods? and floods us with warming nostalgia? with this in mind i've had a go at designing a tshirt ^.^

i personally guarantee that nobody would buy this, aside possibly from the guy who's photo i nicked off google..."look maaa! i'm on a teee-shurrrt!"

xanny ;) x
+I..AM..ERROR+

The Master

Post by The Master » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:26 pm

Change his face with Darran's, and I'd wear it 24/7 :)

video-gamer-girl

Post by video-gamer-girl » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:15 am

SirClive wrote:I have tons of crappy t-shirts so I would like something a little more stylish. I hate how most band/game/promo t-shirts look like a fruit of the loom t-shirt with something stuck on it. I wouldn't wear many of them out of the house.

Maybe a v neck, or different coloured trim. Oh and a range of sizes. not just XL.

Sod it, probably easier if you get a designer in to do them. Vivienne Westwood maybe :)
those kinda shirts are my bed shirts, i agree more Style ISH :)
all tho i do love my Gloomy Bear one, this what he looks is like
http://www.chax.net/comingloomy.html

and this is whats on my t http://www.chax.net/gloomy5a+.gif

Brianward

Post by Brianward » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:36 am

yeah thats pretty cool idea.