Possible article if not worth reminicing old schoolgame shop

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
Dudley
Posts: 8698
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:53 pm
Contact:

Post by Dudley » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:10 pm

My first suspect would be the 334 (and I'm not kidding) instances of incorrect HTML on that page.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... ne&group=0
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

User avatar
djcarlos
Posts: 4198
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:57 am
Location: Just outside the Imperial Capital Of Seaford

Post by djcarlos » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:42 pm

Having never HTMLed, is that 334 bad?

I mean, is zero the target?
Image

Nitters
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:02 pm

Post by Nitters » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:45 pm

djcarlos wrote:Having never HTMLed, is that 334 bad?

I mean, is zero the target?
Yup.
#define QUESTION ((bb) | !(bb)) - Shakespeare.


myspace.com/retro_gaming
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:19 am
Location: Birmingham, England
Contact:

Post by myspace.com/retro_gaming » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:06 am

That makes for interesting reading, unfortunately i prefer to sit in front of a console rather than a pc, and alas it seems that shows. Mind you myspace is awful for html issues in the first place is it not? Most of the html used is simply copy and paste codes generated by individual page builders so the amount of bad readings some what stumps me. Not an easy fix by the looks of it!
RELIVE THE RETRO - REPLAY THE CLASSICS!

User avatar
Dudley
Posts: 8698
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:53 pm
Contact:

Post by Dudley » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:46 pm

Probably, but your average myspace page is fine in firefox.

Of course the counter suggestion is "Don't try and run your business off myspace".
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

User avatar
Andromeda
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:04 am
Location: At my computer
Contact:

Post by Andromeda » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:54 pm

I still own a whole load of retro games and my boyfriend has a very nice collection of retro computers, some of which are rare. We are in between moving house at the moment, but when we do I'm going to try and get hold of a copy of Attic Attac and have a good old play. It may be a simple game, but so very addictive... :)
Having an argument is like racing in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded!

Image

User avatar
The Master
Posts: 7252
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:01 pm
Location: the isle of everywhere

Post by The Master » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:42 pm

Andromeda wrote:<<< Hates Windows VISTA with a passion. Why oh why does Microsoft have to replace an O/S that works with such a pile of cow dung.....
Vista's lovely. What don't you like about it???

User avatar
Andromeda
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:04 am
Location: At my computer
Contact:

Post by Andromeda » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:34 am

The Master wrote:
Andromeda wrote:<<< Hates Windows VISTA with a passion. Why oh why does Microsoft have to replace an O/S that works with such a pile of cow dung.....
Vista's lovely. What don't you like about it???
The fact it don't work? The fact that it isn't compatable with any Atari 8-bit emulators, most Sinclair emulators, and many others? The fact that even "VISTA compatable" software isn't actually "VISTA compatable"? The fact that VISTA assumes I'm stupid and know absolutely nothing about computers (well any MS O/S assumes that, but VISTA goes to the extreme with it)? Oh, trust me, I could rant about VISTA for days, centuries even. Such is my deep loathing.... don't get me started again...

I can think of some nice things about it.... if I try really, really hard and you give me several billion years.... However, after BETA Testing VISTA I formed the opinion that it was as much use as sky diving without a parachute. Now, after being forced to have it pre-installed on my new computer when I asked for XP, I just hate it with a passion. Until MS fix the bugs (probably after Service Pack 3,000,000,000), and devs make their products fully VISTA compatable, it doesn't have my vote!

[/end rant] lol
Having an argument is like racing in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded!

Image

User avatar
djcarlos
Posts: 4198
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:57 am
Location: Just outside the Imperial Capital Of Seaford

Post by djcarlos » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:59 am

Fair enough :)
Image

User avatar
Shaun.Bebbington
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:28 am
Location: Inbetween houses right now.
Contact:

Post by Shaun.Bebbington » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:52 pm

Andromeda wrote:
The Master wrote:
Andromeda wrote:<<< Hates Windows VISTA with a passion. Why oh why does Microsoft have to replace an O/S that works with such a pile of cow dung.....
Vista's lovely. What don't you like about it???
The fact it don't work? The fact that it isn't compatable with any Atari 8-bit emulators, most Sinclair emulators, and many others? The fact that even "VISTA compatable" software isn't actually "VISTA compatable"? The fact that VISTA assumes I'm stupid and know absolutely nothing about computers (well any MS O/S assumes that, but VISTA goes to the extreme with it)? Oh, trust me, I could rant about VISTA for days, centuries even. Such is my deep loathing.... don't get me started again...

I can think of some nice things about it.... if I try really, really hard and you give me several billion years.... However, after BETA Testing VISTA I formed the opinion that it was as much use as sky diving without a parachute. Now, after being forced to have it pre-installed on my new computer when I asked for XP, I just hate it with a passion. Until MS fix the bugs (probably after Service Pack 3,000,000,000), and devs make their products fully VISTA compatable, it doesn't have my vote!

[/end rant] lol
Come on Andro - you love it really. You were one of the beta-testers and, despite what you say, you asked specifically for VISTA to be installed on your new computer when you purchased it. And you know that you did...

Me, I choose a system with old XP Pro on - I know, I'm a fooll ;-)

Regards,

Shaun.
"It is far easier to apologise afterwards than to obtain permission." - Felix Dennis

User avatar
Andromeda
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:04 am
Location: At my computer
Contact:

Post by Andromeda » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:29 pm

Shaun.Bebbington wrote: Come on Andro - you love it really. You were one of the beta-testers and, despite what you say, you asked specifically for VISTA to be installed on your new computer when you purchased it. And you know that you did...

Me, I choose a system with old XP Pro on - I know, I'm a fooll ;-)

Regards,

Shaun.
Pfft, I wouldn't have chosen VISTA if they gave it to me free.... oh wait, they did. :P Of course I could have gone to DEL to get around having it forced upon me, but.....

I held out until Service Pack 2 before I got XP, and to be fair, it isn't a bad little O/S. So, when VISTA RC1, which was supposed to be the last version before release but wasn't because it was so bad, was being BETA Tested I thought "why not?". However after testing that non-functioning, resourse hogging, system freezing, disaster of an O/S I formatted back to XP. No way on earth would I consciously choose VISTA without first having a labotomy (would that make me only twice as intelligent as you? ;) ... just kidding you know I luv you really *kiss*)

VISTA is pretty, but basically useless - my unprofessional opinion :)
Having an argument is like racing in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded!

Image

User avatar
Shaun.Bebbington
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:28 am
Location: Inbetween houses right now.
Contact:

Post by Shaun.Bebbington » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:29 pm

Andromeda wrote:
Shaun.Bebbington wrote: Come on Andro - you love it really. You were one of the beta-testers and, despite what you say, you asked specifically for VISTA to be installed on your new computer when you purchased it. And you know that you did...

Me, I choose a system with old XP Pro on - I know, I'm a fooll ;-)

Regards,

Shaun.
Pfft, I wouldn't have chosen VISTA if they gave it to me free.... oh wait, they did. :P Of course I could have gone to DEL to get around having it forced upon me, but.....

I held out until Service Pack 2 before I got XP, and to be fair, it isn't a bad little O/S. So, when VISTA RC1, which was supposed to be the last version before release but wasn't because it was so bad, was being BETA Tested I thought "why not?". However after testing that non-functioning, resourse hogging, system freezing, disaster of an O/S I formatted back to XP. No way on earth would I consciously choose VISTA without first having a labotomy (would that make me only twice as intelligent as you? ;) ... just kidding you know I luv you really *kiss*)

VISTA is pretty, but basically useless - my unprofessional opinion :)
You should follow your own advice about never arguing with an idiot methinks... or not. No, in fact, don't - let's have a full on domestic here and now. You knows that you wants to.

Regards,

Shaun.
"It is far easier to apologise afterwards than to obtain permission." - Felix Dennis

User avatar
The Master
Posts: 7252
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:01 pm
Location: the isle of everywhere

Post by The Master » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:05 pm

To be fair, I thought Vista was crap when I first installed it.

Since getting a decent machine with a proper graphics card though, I f'kin love it. Everything is all transparent and wibbly and lush, I haven't had any compatibility problems yet, and it feels much more "mature" than XP. I can also have a waterfall VIDEO running as my desktop background, which is officially "the bomb".

I bet there's some people still running Win98 mind...

User avatar
SirClive
Posts: 20261
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Planet Sinclair
Contact:

Post by SirClive » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:08 pm

If it hadn't stopped me using my souncard properly I would love it to. Does take a lot of getting used to though.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests