Retro Gaming Anthology

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Thu May 04, 2006 1:56 pm

Is the DS special worth a buy?
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

vic26

Post by vic26 » Sun May 28, 2006 2:52 pm

Just bought this from Whsmiths Yesterday! - thought it had come out this month! Looks like I was lucky to get one then, try and advertise it a bit more next time chaps, I mean I've bought every issue since issue three, lurk on the forums and I new nothing about it :oops:

mel the bell

Re:

Post by mel the bell » Sun May 28, 2006 3:15 pm

vic26 wrote:Just bought this from Whsmiths Yesterday! - thought it had come out this month! Looks like I was lucky to get one then, try and advertise it a bit more next time chaps, I mean I've bought every issue since issue three, lurk on the forums and I new nothing about it :oops:
i said that about the normal issues and got shot down in flames for it

ill have to find some other way to get the 2nd anthology :(
On 2003-12-08 20:15, cyborg wrote:
You're all corporate bitches if you buy a console - face it. Unless it's a Phantom - in that case you're just stupid - because even if it did exist it'd be crap

mel the bell

Re:

Post by mel the bell » Sun May 28, 2006 3:16 pm

Dudley wrote:Is the DS special worth a buy?
it just tells you about some of the high profile games really, and a history of the handheld...not amazing tbh
On 2003-12-08 20:15, cyborg wrote:
You're all corporate bitches if you buy a console - face it. Unless it's a Phantom - in that case you're just stupid - because even if it did exist it'd be crap

knight_beat

Re:

Post by knight_beat » Sun May 28, 2006 6:29 pm

mel the bell wrote:
Dudley wrote:Is the DS special worth a buy?
it just tells you about some of the high profile games really, and a history of the handheld...not amazing tbh
One or two reviews are taken from GamesTM, so you may be familiar with the scores. The handheld history and retro gallery of GB/color/advance may be interesting to RG readers. I'm glad I bought it. I received a DS for my birthday last month and found it to be a brilliant buyers guide.

It's edited by our own Darren Jones, who seems to be gradually taking the editor role for every Imagine magazine (the cad!).

I wish Imagine would produce a Gaming Elite magazine for the Playstation2 at some point. It would be brilliant to have a roundup of the best games for the PS2 and an index of every PLAY review.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:01 pm

Is the second Retro Gaming Anthology still widely available to buy in the shops or direct from Imagine?

I ask as I saw one in my local papershop today and I'll pick it up if anyone is desperately trying to get hold of it. I just haven't seen it around in a while at the shops near work that I usually use.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:09 pm

Still have them sitting in my local WH Smith's. I've never ever seen the first one on sale though.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.