New Staff Writer

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Mic82

Post by Mic82 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:21 pm

Welcome aboard Stuart :) [/img]

Rosetinted Gamer

Post by Rosetinted Gamer » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:06 pm

Good luck with the new job, Stu, and have fun! 8)

KW

Post by KW » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:16 pm

Of course we all know the real reason we now have a staff writer is so Stuart can do all the work and Darren can play Strider all day :)

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:20 pm

John S left because the sound effects were causing him to have a pavlovian style reaction and break out in hives every time Darran fired it up.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:53 pm

Crazy Taxi!!! Can't wait, welcome aboard, Twisted Metal next??
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:13 am

Actually what I am a little surprised about is that Stuart has managed to be part of RG and now a staff member without being on here at all in the past. So we know nothing about him... yet! Care to tell us some info Stu? ;)
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Stuart@retrogamer

Post by Stuart@retrogamer » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:14 am

Mayhem wrote:Actually what I am a little surprised about is that Stuart has managed to be part of RG and now a staff member without being on here at all in the past. So we know nothing about him... yet! Care to tell us some info Stu? ;)
Well I've been writing as a freelancer for RetroGamer for about 6 months (on and off issues) while I was at college. (I'm 26, just in case anyone was wondering). Some of the features I've written include: Punchout, Splatterhose Wanpaku, Metrocross, Get Dexter, there are a few others which have escaped me.

At this moment I'm working on a Crazy Taxi making of, and a piece about the Codie's classic Micro Machines.

I'm a big 8-bit fan and share Darran's unbridled love of all things Amstrad, and to name just a few of my favourite games: Chase HQ, Head over Heels, Splatterhouse, Streets of Rage, Ikari Warriors, SF2, Guardian + Gunstar Heroes, Shenmue, Barbarian, Panza Dragoon games...oh and Alex Kidd in Shinobi World.

I also enjoy playing games that have odd titles: International Ninja Rabbits, BMX Ninjas and Gregory Losses His Clock are a few that spring to mind.

If there is anything else you want to know just ask :)

Stu
Last edited by Stuart@retrogamer on Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Master

Post by The Master » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:18 am

Stuart@retrogamer wrote:If there is anything else you want to know just ask :)
Why do magnets stick together? I mean, I know about all the squigglies all pointing in one direction and that, but why does that actually make them suck at (or push off from) each other?