Official FEEDBACK FOR ISSUE 39 ***

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:51 am

psj3809 wrote:Do wish there were more SMS, NES, Gameboy, Megadrive features but i'm sure it will happen.
I guess the problem with many games is tracking down those responsible. On the 8-bit home computers, you usually have between one and three people, and one's enough to get the story. Once you move to consoles, you're usually dealing with teams, and anyone from Japan is typically very hard to pin down and interview.
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:04 am

For me personally i'm not too fussed if RG talk to the original creators etc.

With emulation theres just SOOOO many games out there apart from the main games we all know and love there must be so many gems out there which i've never tried, simple reasons i dont like the name of the game, see a cover for the game and i dont think i'll like it etc when i would.

For me some of the best articles are the ones which introduce me to a game i never tried before which i love. 'Top 20 'underrated' (or unknown) games on the Gameboy you should try' i would love to see and for other systems.

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:29 am

Fair enough—I guess that's what the 'classic game' pages are for.
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

mikeb

Post by mikeb » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:18 pm

Just wanted to register my enjoyment of the twisted logic of the phrase '..and anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly a Nazi.'

Oh and great issue Darran & co ;)

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:57 am

Finally getting round to this issue and must say that the A500 piece is excellent. Very nice work (Ash, I think?). Pitched perfectly to tell me stuff I didn't know and summarise the stuff I did know in an interesting way.
Would probably preferred a 2 part AMIGA retrospective though rather than just the A500.

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:30 am

SirClive wrote:Finally getting round to this issue and must say that the A500 piece is excellent. Very nice work (Ash, I think?). Pitched perfectly to tell me stuff I didn't know and summarise the stuff I did know in an interesting way.
Would probably preferred a 2 part AMIGA retrospective though rather than just the A500.
It would have been nice to have a retroinspection - Amiga pt 2 - looking at the AGA range (Amiga 1200, Amiga 4000 and Amiga CD32) and possibly a part 3 entitled 'Amiga: Life after death!' going on to explain how the Amiga survived after the death of Commodore and how it still has a big following.

merman

Post by merman » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:00 am

woody.cool wrote:
SirClive wrote:Finally getting round to this issue and must say that the A500 piece is excellent. Very nice work (Ash, I think?). Pitched perfectly to tell me stuff I didn't know and summarise the stuff I did know in an interesting way.
It would have been nice to have a retroinspection - Amiga pt 2 - looking at the AGA range (Amiga 1200, Amiga 4000 and Amiga CD32) and possibly a part 3 entitled 'Amiga: Life after death!' going on to explain how the Amiga survived after the death of Commodore and how it still has a big following.
There has already been an A1200/CD32 piece...
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:51 am

Oh yes, forgot about that.