Digital Back Issues

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

TheMadMan007

Digital Back Issues

Post by TheMadMan007 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:42 pm

Just discovered this great site and magazine. As much as I'd love a physical copies of the magazine, I'd prefer digital versions. Can anyone help me understand where to get digital versions of older issues of the Retro Gamer magazine? I'm gonna get a subscription for the new stuff, but I want to get older issues as well, and I can't find any info. Any help would be greatly appreciated

psj3809

Re: Digital Back Issues

Post by psj3809 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:54 am

Go to the retro gamer app. There’s a special deal on. 210 issues for £46.99

TheMadMan007

Post by TheMadMan007 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:26 pm

Oh wow, I didn't even know there was an app. Is that the only way to get the issues? If I do get the 210 issue deal, am I able to download them onto actual computer and move the files around? I digitally archive all my media onto my server running ubooquity, so I can access my personal files from any device anywhere. I don't like being locked onto only my phone. Is it just Digital for Iphone/ipad? I have an android tablet, and can't find anything other than a retro gamer collection app that's in french and a different magazine.

Loading up the app is looks like I need an account to be able to purchase anything, however I can't register for an account. I tried to go to https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/ and it looks like I need an account to register there as well.... which seems like a backwards way of doing things. BTW I'm in the USA, I don't know if that's going to be an issue or not.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:40 am

Yeah the site above I presume you can also get them. Most sites need an account to purchase. Give it a go ?

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:51 am

They will have copy protection, so viewing on any device could be an issue.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.