King's Valley thiefed by Hokuto Force

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

gekido_ken

King's Valley thiefed by Hokuto Force

Post by gekido_ken » Fri May 29, 2020 8:25 am

Hello.
I'm here to report practically a theft, however a theft of glory, so stuff from beggars. The theft in this case is the identity of the King's Valley game, which in the 206 Retro Gamer issue is reviewed as a product of Hokuto Force, a group of Hackers for the C64.
Who developed and produced this Konami conversion from MSX, is the undersigned Ugga Francesco and Mario Morra, of the online magazine Re.BIT and of the website www.rebitmagazine.it. The work is evidenced by video tests of the beta versions in my name and for having published the game the day before that of Hokuto Force. We have sources of code and graphical developments to consolidate our test.
The game was initially scheduled to be released by Psytronik, where the digital version would be free, while obviously a cassette or diskette for a fee, but we at Re.BIT didn't want a penny.
Psytronik withdraws from the agreement, but we still wanted to share it at Christmas 2019 as a Christmas gift.
The next day we discover that Indieretronews publishes the game on behalf of Hokuto Force, the curious thing is that in the intro screen our names remain.
Now, I would like to clarify that with Hokuto Force we have nothing to do, we are not their users or members, and the Retro Gamer editorial staff would like to demonstrate their seriousness in looking for proven sources from which to write their own articles.
Hokuto Force are hackers and always will be, in ideas and in facts, behaving as such with our King's Valley C64.
I am an MSX user and MSX fan of Italy, so I am the only one who could know the game in detail and direct the programmer during the development of the C64 version, certainly could not make him a member of a Commodore group.
So I officially and formally ask the editorial staff of Retro Gamer to review the article with an "errata corrige", at the same time to pay more attention to the origin of the information and its authenticity.

Thanks.

Francesco Ugga

www.rebitmagazine.it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7o0IkB ... GGDSdCiB2M

Darran@Retro Gamer

Re: King's Valley thiefed by Hokuto Force

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:48 am

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Francesco. We'll make sure the correct credit is given in the next available issue.