What Happened to the article "30 Years of Amiga 500"

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

wereke

What Happened to the article "30 Years of Amiga 500"

Post by wereke » Fri May 08, 2020 12:01 pm

As a true Retro Gamer (e.g. started with 8 bit and 16 bit machines not the Playstation!), I was over the moon when I read the full page advert in issue 164 that issue 165 was to be based around a main article "30 Years of Amiga 500". I often go to the "Next Month" advert when I have read what little Spectrum or Amiga content there is in the current issue, hoping that there will be something along those lines in the coming month.

I understand that to expand the readership it is beneficial for the magazine to regard later machines as retro and that I probably missed the best of your Spectrum and Amiga coverage before I Subscribed but I only found out about the magazine 3 Years ago. The point is that I still subscribe, hoping for you to cover what interests me primarily. I still read some of the articles about machines that I never even owned, realising that the magazine needs to have something for everyone (I went on to own a PS1, PS2 and an XBOX 360). Even so, retro for me remains to be pre 32 bit.

So I eagerly open this month's mag expecting the article of all articles "30 Years of Amiga 500" and there is no sign of it or of an apology for it's omission.

When I checked out the usual "Next Month" page at the back of issue165,I see here is to be lesser Amiga article planned entitled "Rise of the Amiga 500"
1. Where is the Amiga article advertised for issue 165
2. What are you going to do to stop me cancelling my subscription.

Crusty Starfish

Re: What Happened to the article "30 Years of Amiga 500"

Post by Crusty Starfish » Sun May 10, 2020 1:48 pm

Eh? Are we taking about something from 40 issues ago here?!!!

Maybe Wereke isn't in 2020. Lets warn him that there is a nasty virus in a few years and store RG for a long long read!

NickThorpe

Re: What Happened to the article "30 Years of Amiga 500"

Post by NickThorpe » Wed May 13, 2020 6:01 am

This thread is a duplicate of one posted three years ago or so - it's a spambot tactic, regurgitate an old topic to look legit and put a dodgy link in the signature. I'm locking this thread now, but I'll leave it in place for the time being so people are aware that this is happening.