Retro Gamer 206 non-subscriber cover

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Neil L

Retro Gamer 206 non-subscriber cover

Post by Neil L » Sat May 02, 2020 4:05 pm

Please could someone help me, I recently ordered issue 206 from the online shop.
I received it today, but it had the subscribers cover, it didn’t have the cover shown on the store page.
This one:
We’re any copies of 206 printed with the above cover?

Weblaus

Re: Retro Gamer 206 non-subscriber cover

Post by Weblaus » Sat May 02, 2020 5:16 pm

I think they said somewhere (either on Twitter or Facebook) that indeed only subscribers covers were produced.

While it does make sense to only have one cover when no issues are sold through regular retail covers, you'd think it would have been a good idue not to put up the unused regular cover on the website - probably was some last minute change of plans (after all, it's also shown on page 3 inside the magazine itself).

The current issue of Edge handled that better (though I'm not that keen on the "special content" idea, no matter how well it was done), I guess the flagship magazine gets preferential treatment once again.

Neil L

Post by Neil L » Sun May 03, 2020 1:39 pm

Thanks for the reply Weblaus, I tracked their reply down, it was on Twitter here:
https://twitter.com/RetroGamer_Mag/stat ... 55489?s=20

I agree with you, the cover shown on the store page should be the cover you get (so the subscribers cover should of been shown).

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun May 03, 2020 3:08 pm

Nick posted on the forum here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55932

He clarifies in his post that there will only be one cover for print issues at this time, and that will be the subscriber cover.

I think they still perceive the subs cover as some sort of bonus, despite most comments I've read about them stating the retail one is preferred.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

ely

Post by ely » Mon May 04, 2020 7:02 am

As long as I keep getting RG every month the cover could be blank and I'd be more happy.