From the Forum - Issue 207: Lockdown gaming

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

RichL

Re: From the Forum - Issue 207: Lockdown gaming

Post by RichL » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:16 pm

I've managed to completed Final Fantasy VII Remake. Twice.

gunbladelad

Post by gunbladelad » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:29 am

I'm on too many classic games to list - but I do plan in investing some practice time into Super Mario Kart - even though it's looking likely that the Play Expo Glasgow might not happen due to the lockdown - I've taken part in their yearly Super Mario kart tournaments (even though I never actually practiced it enough to sharpen my skills again for playing against other people)
Where logic won't work, I will

TheAlex

Post by TheAlex » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:08 am

I've finally received my Switch after much frustration with Nintendo (actually The Hut Group, it turns out), who finally read my support messages and admitted my Switch should have been sent weeks ago. First up was Trials of Mana (AKA Seiken Densetsu 3) with my brother, which we've been waiting to play for over 20 years! It was just like the olden days on the original SNES Secret of Mana.

After some modern Smash Bros, we downloaded a Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 demo and loved the retro 8-bit diving and long jump, all with great digitised commentary!

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:57 pm

I've meant to, but aside from some quick goes on the arcade cab playing a few oldies like Time pilot, Qix etc, been playing little, more online courses and art- although starting some retro gaming related art.

My bro has been busy on Far cry 3 though

Whazeboo

Post by Whazeboo » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:15 am

I am playing Krisalis' Legends - a game that appeared in the Amiga's twilight years.
The lockdown means I finally could spend time trying to get it to run in Amiga emulator WinUAE, something I previously did not have the time for. The configuration that did the trick for the game is an A1200 AGA-chipset with a A500 68000 CPU, lots of memory and 4 virtual diskdrives enabled. ;)
Legends is a fantastic Zelda clone that must be one of the largest games that ever appeared for the system. I enjoy it thoroughly as the original criticisms raised at the game, i.e. heavy disk accessing and not able to save anytime, are not applicable using WinUAE.