IMPORTANT - COVID-19 update

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Weblaus

Re: IMPORTANT - COVID-19 update

Post by Weblaus » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:28 am

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:19 pm
The reason why the various tweets and posts were placed here and on social media is because not all subscribers' emails were on file, which probably explains why you've not heard anything. The idea is to fill out that form so you could receive PDFs while you waited for issues to turn up. I'm not sure why the subs department doesn't have those records, but that's why were were asked to notify people. I appreciate it's frustrating to hear about this now.
If you've had no emails it's because MFM don't have it.
I understand you can only state what you are told about these things, but that's patently absurd and downright insulting unless Future's organising skills are even worse than imagined.

For years, I'm getting emails from MFM almost daily about sales, sales, even more sales and sometimes other stuff, so clearly they do have my email adress - which is also necessary to login to my MFM account and used for renewals and orders. And if I log in on the website, my account information shows the E-mail right on top followed by the active subscriptions associated with it - this also has been the case for years now.

So how on earth is it possible they could not have that on file?

Either way, I also filled in the form months ago to make sure, okay. And after that, I did receive a few emails with upates and the ones saying "Your copy of Retro Gamer will be with you soon!" that included the link to digital copies - but that has now stopped for whatever reason.

I did not get one for #208 and more importantly, I also never received the last update about delivery starting up again. I didn't change anything and of course the sales emails still relyably come in as well.

And of course I haven't receivedf my subs copy yet either, while other people I kow living about 40 miles away have it since Monday - so all back to normal in that regard, I guess...

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:51 am

Weblaus wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:28 am
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:19 pm
The reason why the various tweets and posts were placed here and on social media is because not all subscribers' emails were on file, which probably explains why you've not heard anything. The idea is to fill out that form so you could receive PDFs while you waited for issues to turn up. I'm not sure why the subs department doesn't have those records, but that's why were were asked to notify people. I appreciate it's frustrating to hear about this now.
If you've had no emails it's because MFM don't have it.
Possibly because your email might be on a sales list that would have been separate to your subscription?
As I mentioned before, the team has no involvement with the mag's circulation beyond making it. We're just as frustrated that readers have to wait for their issues, but we can only pass on the information we are given, which is what we do.

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:08 am

Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:51 am
Possibly because your email might be on a sales list that would have been separate to your subscription?
As I mentioned before, the team has no involvement with the mag's circulation beyond making it. We're just as frustrated that readers have to wait for their issues, but we can only pass on the information we are given, which is what we do.
I've renewed my subscription for Retro Gamer multiple times since it became property of Future with an account associated with email. And every renews confirmation has been sent to that address as well. So whatever they're doing (or not doing) now pretty surely can't be because they don't have it.

But I honestly do sympathize with you, it's very frustrating to read about peristant problems with your product (or in this case, the delivery of it) you're not in the position do do anything about. Basically the only reason I'm still putting up with this is because the content is worth it.

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:22 am

Bear in mind that due to GDPR companies basically have to get your explicit approval to send you marketing emails.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:26 pm

RetroBob wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:22 am
Bear in mind that due to GDPR companies basically have to get your explicit approval to send you marketing emails.
I don't remember if/when I haven given that approval, but I get marketing emails from Future basically almost every day, so clearly that isn't the problem either - they just can't seem to be arsed to reliably send me the non-marketing stuff even though that actually might be slightly more important...