Subscription help

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

RetroBob

Re: Subscription help

Post by RetroBob » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:15 am

Wentzell1234 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:24 am
Hi

I subscribe Through Amazon for the digital edition But have yet to receive the latest issue which I believe is due out on the 19th of April
Was just wondering if there was a delay to the issue
Hi! Have you tried contacting the subs department? Not sure if they will be picking up the phone at the moment, but it's worth trying as well as emailing...
If you have any issues with your Retro Gamer subscription then please contact the following.

Email: contact@myfavouritemagazines.co.uk
Telephone UK: 0344 848 2852
Telephone International: +44 344 848 2852
Xbox Live: RetroBob

Wentzell1234

Post by Wentzell1234 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:49 pm

Thanks I will try them tomorrow

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Fri May 15, 2020 5:30 am

Closed so not answering phone, I've emailed in as they have ignored the address change I did online

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri May 15, 2020 5:56 am

Yeah changed my address about two weeks ago. Latest issue went to my ex’s

Hopefully the next one will come here

Rory Milne

Post by Rory Milne » Fri May 15, 2020 6:15 am

flatapex wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 5:30 am
Closed so not answering phone, I've emailed in as they have ignored the address change I did online
The subs dept is answering queries and dealing with problems at https://twitter.com/myfavemags

It's well worth tweeting them as they likely have a massive backlog of emails to get through.

swansea_lad

Post by swansea_lad » Wed May 27, 2020 11:12 am

I changed banks and my subscription lapsed, so i am missing issue 203 onwards. There was a bundle offer available but i see that has ended, sadly.

Nin10dofan

Post by Nin10dofan » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:06 pm

I know the thread is for retro gamer magazine, but where can i get digital copys of computer game magazine ( not retro gamer or edge , pc gamer i get them already ) like game on on kindle.

dvallet

Post by dvallet » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:34 am

not able to look at my profile on the new website !
https://www.mymagazine.co.uk/AccessSubscription

Kjaerhus

Post by Kjaerhus » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:54 am

I have been a subscriber for a while but I never received issue 200 and magazinesdirect have been little helpful in replacing it. I realized that I was missing it a little late, unfortunately, as I was preparing to fill a binder in july and at that time was just outside the normal replacement period (the ones you can select yourself on the page), but they replied that my magazine was safe and would be sent. However they never sent it and I think the moving around they did in the summer only made things worse because they started answering really slow - it takes like 14 days to get a reply now and it's mostly template nonsense that doesn't answer your questions.

Bottom line. Do you guys have a spare issue lying around? It's not very important to me if it's the subscription front cover or not. But not having this issue nags me. Thanks.

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:04 am

Kjaerhus wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:54 am
I have been a subscriber for a while but I never received issue 200 and magazinesdirect have been little helpful in replacing it. I realized that I was missing it a little late, unfortunately, as I was preparing to fill a binder in july and at that time was just outside the normal replacement period (the ones you can select yourself on the page), but they replied that my magazine was safe and would be sent. However they never sent it and I think the moving around they did in the summer only made things worse because they started answering really slow - it takes like 14 days to get a reply now and it's mostly template nonsense that doesn't answer your questions.

Bottom line. Do you guys have a spare issue lying around? It's not very important to me if it's the subscription front cover or not. But not having this issue nags me. Thanks.
You won't get any help here eitehr, at least non from anyone employed by Future, that's for certain.

That said, unfortunately you're missing the one issue that everyone wanted and where even single issues copies sold out in a matter of days - there's simply no way customer service still had one, so they either just lied to you or were too incompetent to know better (based on prvious experiences, it's probably the latter).

I'd guess your best chance to still get it would be hoping a kind soul here has a spare or try your luck on eBay (where it's probably somewhat expensive due to due 200 being a special issue).

Kjaerhus

Post by Kjaerhus » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:50 am

Ok, thanks, Weblaus. Not what I wanted to hear but I guess you are right.

Boulder

Post by Boulder » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:28 pm

Does anyone have any idea how to use the Black Friday discount if you have an existing subscription? I would have taken the continuous option but my current subscription still has some issues left, and there's no way to sign in when using magazinesdirect.com which is the official channel. There is a way to sign in to mymagazines.co.uk but there I can only see my current sub details. Earlier you could buy a sub and it was automatically added to the end of the current one.