Thank you so much for your great magazine!...

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

dave4shmups

Thank you so much for your great magazine!...

Post by dave4shmups » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:43 pm

I live in the USA, and there's nothing like Retro Gamer here, so the magazine is a real blessing to me! I love retro games, as well as their history, and I've learned so much from Retro Gamer about, for example, computers and software that we never got over here-like the ZX Spectrum and loading screens from games on tape, as cartridges were the norm here. Thanks again and keep up the great work! :D

RetroBob

Re: Thank you so much for your great magazine!...

Post by RetroBob » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:21 am

Hear hear!
Xbox Live: RetroBob

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:29 am

Nice to see a thread like this as often its doom and gloom.

Had a flick through some of my mags, amazing how much is covered. Catch 22, they'll get moaned at if they feature a retro classic as it 'was in an issue 7 years ago' but if they try something new its 'never heard of this game, why is there a feature on it...' !

Must admit i like reading non stop about the famous games/franchises but 190 issues in some stuff will be covered again or they'll have to do more new stuff. Still enjoying the mag, dirt cheap. Shame theres not more emags - looked at the ones i bought from the old days there were loads in my archive.

ely

Post by ely » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:12 am

Yup, I love Retro Gamer magazine. I don't like 100% of the content, but honestly that's my problem not the magazine. There is always something in every issue that is a great read. Keep it up guys.

Solegor

Post by Solegor » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:19 am

Magazine is great, there is no doubt about it! The most "doom and gloom" is with regards to delivery problems plaguing otherwise great magazine.
Cheers to everyone making the Retro Gamer possible!

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:31 am

It is great to see a positive thread to share some love of the mag...too often we bring up what we don't like, loudly, and forget to acknowledge for the vast majority of the time RG is a terrific publication and it's wonderful to still have a mag like this in physical format to enjoy, with writers clearly as passionate on the subject matter as the readers. Fantastic work guys, take a bow.

...We'll go back to criticising in the next topic!

antsbull

Post by antsbull » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:16 pm

Yeah, hope that the RG team know how much the mag means to a lot of us. To people like myself, who grew up with the 80s/90s mag culture, it is so awesome to have something like RG keeping that flame burning. Gaming just isn't the same without it. With the 200th issue coming up this year maybe it should be time for the fans to do something for the RG team to acknowledge that?

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:20 pm

The Powers That Be might ponder upon this: It has been many many issues since the first thing I read upon opening the magazine was the main story.

merman

Post by merman » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:47 am

NorthWay wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:20 pm
The Powers That Be might ponder upon this: It has been many many issues since the first thing I read upon opening the magazine was the main story.
It's an interesting thought... I often leave it till last anyway, working my way through some of the smaller articles and regular content first.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

antsbull

Post by antsbull » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:53 pm

Of recent magazines, I've gone straight to the SNK and RE2 articles first up