Retro Gamer eMagâ„¢ now available

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:12 pm

This thread should be near enough...

On the GamesTM disc, is all the Retro content there from issues past, or has some of it been culled?

I'd like to buy it and dispense with the mountain of paper that is GamesTM back issues.

While I'll keep RG bound in hardcopy, the Retro section of GamesTM is too small to warrant it, but I can't bear to just get rid of it all.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

thenodfather

Post by thenodfather » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:27 pm

I got the Retrogamer D.V.D. issue 1 - 30 yesterday and have being avildy reading it. It's very handy to be able to zoom in and enlarge the different parts of it, even if the pictures, high resolution as they are so it's claimed, drop in quaility quite a bit.
The search enginges on it are a great help making it much easier to find a paticular article that you want. I am finding it excellent value because, (as I stated elsewhere), here in Ireland it costs around €8:50 per issue and on the D.V.D. it works out just under €1 an issue, that's a huge difference. While yes it doesn't have the same, "pick it up and read it when you like" factor to it, it does have other features being in .pdf format that being in regular paper back format.
While some people have found that it doesn't have all the atricles in it that the magazines have, (I haven't noticed that myself as I haven't compared), it has a great wealth of information contained on the disk.
And in addition, the bonus material is a nice touch. Wallpapers, "Create Your Own Cover", an interview with those who we have to thank for Retrogamer" and a 257 page magazine, (but I think that could be just repeated material).
All in all it is a GREAT addition to you games information library and thank you to all who have had a hand in creating it and Retrogamer.

There was just one thing, (a small gripe), when I click on the link on the "Advanced Searched" page, nothing happens.
Does anyone else have this problem and would you know how to solve it?

Thank you again, and here's to the next Compendium D.V.D.

Owen.
Humans Should Not Be Inflicted On Animals!!!

Skarnz

Post by Skarnz » Wed May 07, 2008 7:51 am

can you only buy it online though??? or is there somewhere that'll sell it?

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed May 07, 2008 8:02 am

Online only.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Skarnz

Post by Skarnz » Thu May 08, 2008 10:58 am

and can u play it in a dvd player or does it have to as i read the dvd drive in a pc/mac. as i only have a cd drive

hydr0x

Post by hydr0x » Thu May 08, 2008 1:38 pm

Skarnz wrote:and can u play it in a dvd player or does it have to as i read the dvd drive in a pc/mac. as i only have a cd drive
it's basically just pdf files on a dvd disc so you need a computer to run it

Skarnz

Post by Skarnz » Fri May 09, 2008 9:39 am

BALLLS

The Master

Post by The Master » Fri May 09, 2008 10:29 am

Dude, what did you expect it to be? A nice little movie of Darran reading each issue out loud for you, then holding it up close to the camera to point at the pictures?
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Fri May 09, 2008 10:36 am

The Master wrote:Dude, what did you expect it to be? A nice little movie of Darran reading each issue out loud for you, then holding it up close to the camera to point at the pictures?
:lol: :lol:
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

Skarnz

Post by Skarnz » Mon May 12, 2008 9:11 am

nah i though it would just be selections which you could choose with the remote but Darren reading it out loud woul actually be quite creepy

thenodfather

Post by thenodfather » Fri May 30, 2008 6:37 am

That's great, thank you very much for your answer Quaid. That helps. :D
Humans Should Not Be Inflicted On Animals!!!

VinnyM

Post by VinnyM » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:37 am

The Master wrote:Dude, what did you expect it to be? A nice little movie of Darran reading each issue out loud for you, then holding it up close to the camera to point at the pictures?
Now there's an idea for the next Retro Fusion event.

"Ladies and Gentleman, Darran will now recite Retro Gamer issues 1 to 30 in the style of your choosing".

;)
Fancy viewing some Commodore 64 game endings? http://www.c64endings.co.uk
Old C64 games refreshed and revived: http://www.c64endings.freeolamail.com/h ... yhacks.htm

Andy

Post by Andy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:36 am

Retro Reading Corner!

I do hope that there'll be miniature bottles of milk. With straws!

Hiroke

Post by Hiroke » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:44 pm

I wanted to buy the eMag today, just to find that it's sold out! :cry:
Is there no other place to get holt of it? It will probably be on eBay at an extortionate price.

Gnome

Post by Gnome » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:10 am

Well, I'm sure there will be a rerelease, non? I mean, it's not supposed to be collectible or anything and it really is such a content rich offering...
Usually blogging over at Gnome's Lair, steadily into Retro Treasures and some cabaret.