Page 4 of 7

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:13 pm
by LeeT
Mine arrived today (by second class post natch!)...

Haven't had a look at the main contents yet, but I'm VERY impressed by the extras! Theres obviously been a lot of work put into this. For starters, the first Games TM retro anthology is included, there's a 'design your own RG cover' feature and some wallpapers.

Now I'm off to look at the articles....

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:36 pm
by andrew_rollings
LeeT wrote:Mine arrived today (by second class post natch!)...

Haven't had a look at the main contents yet, but I'm VERY impressed by the extras! Theres obviously been a lot of work put into this. For starters, the first Games TM retro anthology is included, there's a 'design your own RG cover' feature and some wallpapers.

Now I'm off to look at the articles....
The "Then and Now" is pretty cool.

I'm looking forward to the second disk.

Andrew

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:50 pm
by SirClive
You guys have done a much better job of selling to me than Imagine have.

I'm gonna get one now, don't forget to ask for your commision!

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:21 pm
by paranoid marvin
SirClive wrote:You guys have done a much better job of selling to me than Imagine have.

I'm gonna get one now, don't forget to ask for your commision!
Same here

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:00 am
by Darran@Retro Gamer
SirClive wrote:You guys have done a much better job of selling to me than Imagine have.

I'm gonna get one now, don't forget to ask for your commision!
Sorry guys, but I've been pretty much not around for the last week and a half due to being on holiday and having no internet access at home.

We're doing a new spread in next month's issue to ensure that a lot more people are aware of it. Still, nice to know that people are enjoying it.

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:36 pm
by MC1
Got mine a a couple of days ago.

It is absolutely superb!

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:41 pm
by Mort
Just going to order my copy, Mags on a dvd hmm wonder where that idea came from ;-)

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:23 pm
by smila
got myn yesterday CRACKING STUFF , the bonus content was a nice suprise , loved the past and present interview.

well worth forking out for.

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:35 am
by seanmcmanus
Sounds great, but can someone confirm whether these CDs include every article or whether I would need to keep the hard copies as well to be sure of having everything?

Thanks
Sean

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:28 pm
by LDX#40
Excellent work here. Hope you do this again after the next 30 issues.

Always wanted something like that for my favourite mags... keep the content and save a lot of shelf space :)

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:42 am
by The Master
OK, overall the execution of this is splendid, full of nice little touches that make you feel warm inside, and being able to search in so many weird and wonderful ways will prove very useful, I'm sure.

My only real complaint is the image resolution on some of the smaller pics (especially evident on the multi-screenshot pages, for instance) - the pics seem to be saved in preview quality, which makes details pretty hard to make out - also check out the "from the forum" screengrab on issue 20 page 21 for a more extreme example. Being as there's still quite a lot of unused space on the DVD, I would have hoped for slightly better. Most of the larger "main" images are fine, though.

Or is this just my PC playing silly buggers? Not had a chance to check it out on another machine yet. Can anyone else comment?

Also noticed a couple of ads seem to have slipped through - was this deliberate, or did some companies just get lucky? :)

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:37 pm
by The Master
Does nobody care??!? :o

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:29 am
by felgekarp
The Master wrote:Does nobody care??!? :o
I care, but until mine arrives I can't possibly comment.

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:21 pm
by seanmcmanus
seanmcmanus wrote:Sounds great, but can someone confirm whether these CDs include every article or whether I would need to keep the hard copies as well to be sure of having everything?
Does nobody know the answer to this?

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:17 pm
by Darran@Retro Gamer
A few articles have been lost due to various reasons, so I wouldn't recommend selling all your original issues.