Tracking lateness

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

brjoce

Re: Tracking lateness

Post by brjoce » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:20 am

brjoce wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:02 pm
brjoce wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:48 pm
In MS, USA. I was being very patient, given the circumstances. I have also not received 206, 208, 210, 211, and 212. Hearing your news and response is disheartening. I received 209 about 2 months ago and received 207 yesterday. Guess I'll be contacting subscriptions.
So updating: still missing 206, 208, 211, 212, and 213. I received 210 about 9 days ago. I see a couple of you have received 206, so I'm hoping...
Another update, 211 just arrived in MS, USA. I'm certain this is the original dispatch. I've given up on 206 and 208, though the subs dept has re dispatched 208, so we shall see.

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:18 am

#214 just added itself to my downtime plans during Christmas.

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:39 pm

NorthWay wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:18 am
I remain constanty amazed why Norway seems to be the sole lucky exception while the rest of mainland Europe seemingly has to why forevery each and every month.

I have still to receive #213 (5 weeks after the store date) and someone I know who usually gets his copy around 10 days earlier (despite living only 30-40 away from my place) receied his just on Saturday, so there's a good chance I'll still have to wait for quite a bit.

Anyone know if there's a not-headache-inducing way (or actually any way at all) to cancel a subscription and get the money back? I sometimes kick myself that I renewed for 24 months last year when the lateness was already going on all the time.

Boulder

Post by Boulder » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:45 pm

Weblaus wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:39 pm
NorthWay wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:18 am
I remain constanty amazed why Norway seems to be the sole lucky exception while the rest of mainland Europe seemingly has to why forevery each and every month.

I have still to receive #213 (5 weeks after the store date) and someone I know who usually gets his copy around 10 days earlier (despite living only 30-40 away from my place) receied his just on Saturday, so there's a good chance I'll still have to wait for quite a bit.

Anyone know if there's a not-headache-inducing way (or actually any way at all) to cancel a subscription and get the money back? I sometimes kick myself that I renewed for 24 months last year when the lateness was already going on all the time.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Norway not being an EU member had something to do with it. Maybe there is a local warehouse there so they just toss the crates of magazines of the publisher to the sea at the UK and the local fishermen near the Norwegian coast pick them up. The rest of us get them delivered from some Eastern European country with bad road and air connections.

Napolitano

Post by Napolitano » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:27 pm

Weblaus wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:39 pm
I remain constanty amazed why Norway seems to be the sole lucky exception while the rest of mainland Europe seemingly has to why forevery each and every month
The Cyprus 1/2 week max delivery time pre-covid seems almost like a different world today, but even the early post-covid 2/2 weeks seems great now.

I always thought northern Europe would get Magazines a lot faster due to proximity with the UK, than a small island bordering on the Middle East. Then again, the UK has military bases here and the island's economy has been pretty much sustained by UK tourism so, there might be some bias going on here.

My 211 (ordered at September 11th as a single issue) still hasn't arrived, but then again, it never would have since they apparently send 213 about a month later, which also hasn't arrived.

Their email support 'escalated' my complaint to an appropriate team (whatever that means) and are supposed to get back to me when they have new info, that was back on the 13th of November and I haven't heard a peep since.

I'll give them by Tuesday next week for 213 to arrive, if not, then I'll ask them to send me 211 that I actually ordered and paid for, since is back in stock (for now).

But after all this time, they didn't even offer me a digital copy (not that anyone that buys magazines in 2020 would actually want that) or an extra issue, never mind a refund. Terrible customer service.

It also means I have stopped buying the magazine altogether, I could try and see if the local newsagents carry it again, but I stopped buying locally because of the damn price stickers, don't want to deal with that again, if they ever get me that one damn issue I ordered and start delivering at a reasonable time-frame again I may consider getting back to it, otherwise I'm done.

rinzwind

Post by rinzwind » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:35 am

213 out of stock
ok, so no way to request replacement for subscribers still waiting...

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:44 am

rinzwind wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:35 am
213 out of stock
ok, so no way to request replacement for subscribers still waiting...
I've noticed that as well and I seem to recall it was the same with 212, though that one is now listed as available - completely useless service to no surprise, sad as it is.

I actually do expect my copy will still eventually show up, but 5+ weeks is a bad joke. Norway being non-EU is something I've also thought about as a possible reason for Northways's luck, as otherwise it would be a really strange coincidence.

I also remember the times when routing inexplicably wnt through eastern Europe and changed every few months, but at least for Germany that stopped quite a while ago and now apparently rounting goes through some distribution partner locaded in Hamburg. Which of course makes the ungodly long delivery times even more annoying.

At least my renewal was so dead-cheap that Future probably doesn't earn any direct money from it, but that's only a small consolation...

antsbull

Post by antsbull » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:08 pm

Its been over 5 weeks since 212 arrived for me, so I'm assuming they have been even more slack this month than they were for the previous month at getting international subscriber issues out

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:39 am

#213 arrived today in my part of Germany.

Yes, the issue that went on sales exactly 6 weeks ago.

Might be a new (negative) record, but by now, I probably can count myself lucky that Future managed to deliver it at all.

brjoce

Post by brjoce » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:03 am

antsbull wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:08 pm
Its been over 5 weeks since 212 arrived for me, so I'm assuming they have been even more slack this month than they were for the previous month at getting international subscriber issues out
What country are you in? I don't think 212 has shown up in the US yet.

antsbull

Post by antsbull » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:47 am

brjoce wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:03 am
antsbull wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:08 pm
What country are you in? I don't think 212 has shown up in the US yet.
I'm in New Zealand, pretty much the furtherest away part of the globe, unless you count Antarctica. Pre-Covid, I would get my issues here within 2-3 weeks of them being available to UK subscribers, #212 was 5 weeks afterwards but did show up, and now #213 is late over 6 weeks - considering going in to the app and trying to get it replaced.

Boulder

Post by Boulder » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:06 pm

#214 arrived today in Finland. I was quite surprised, I didn't expect it to arrive until after Christmas. I ordered some books about a month ago from the UK and it took over three weeks to deliver them using standard mail. Normally it's 5-8 working days max.

Madjock

Post by Madjock » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:46 pm

After the massive delays with 206,207 and 208 here in Australia, I've not seen an issue since 211 arrived on October 2nd.

Starting to get nostalgic about the times when I had multiple copies sitting to catchup on.

flugle

Post by flugle » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:37 am

Yep another Aussie here who hasn't seen an issue since 211 either. I could ask subs for another one to be sent out but I am pretty sure they never do that and just hope the original eventually shows.

Madjock

Post by Madjock » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:08 pm

Good to know it's not just me then, I wonder if they are sitting on them again? I did request a replacement for 212 a few weeks back, shall see if that arrives.

Bit annoying, as at some stage I'll end cancelling my sub , no point paying for something that doesn't arrive.