Tracking lateness

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

NorthWay

Re: Tracking lateness

Post by NorthWay » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:12 am

The search for #205 ended in my mailbox last Friday (27th) - a respectable 29 days since the previous and so pretty much on time.

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:42 am

So #205 hasn't reached Germany yet, at least down here in Bavaria. That makes 4+ weeks, a lot longer than the last few issues before and I'm curious if it'll show up at all in the end - it should, since the whole Corona mess was just at the beginning stage a month ago, but somehow I doubt it.

For comparison: the last Edge issue took just 4 days (!) and a single issue #205 I ordered on March 31st took around 9 days after dispatch (and was rozted through Frenche post instadt Royal Mail for whatever reason).

#206 onwards are supposedly held for non-UK subscribers and should be sent later (whenever that might be), but I'm not too confident Future won't mess this up. So I bought a single issue #206 to be safe and now await when that might be dispatched.

On Edge, I signed up for notifications but never got one so far (that actually worked surprisingly okay for RG, including getting the link for the digital copy) so I have no clue if that subscription will move forward as usual or not with next week's new issue (probably not).

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:07 am

Speaking of which, I have not gotten any mail from Future that I can find. I do subscribe to a virus/spam filtering service at my ISP, but considering what still passes through that should not have stopped it.

Mauricio

Post by Mauricio » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:16 pm

#205 received in Atlanta yesterday (Apr 25). Somehow it had three sheets of "Console Clash" cards, one duplicate sheet.

maibock

Post by maibock » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Mauricio wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:16 pm
#205 received in Atlanta yesterday (Apr 25). Somehow it had three sheets of "Console Clash" cards, one duplicate sheet.
Ok cool I was starting to wonder.. Up here in Philly we've not seen anything yet, but shouldn't be too long now if you guys got yours.

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Sat May 02, 2020 5:29 pm

I got my copy of issue #205 as well this week - just close to 6 week after the store date and about two weeks later than everyone else I know in Germany. It's a never-ending bag of surprise how delivery can take this long especially when Future is using a local redestribution service somehow. Not that I'll currently have to worry about that with subs delivery stopped for non-UK people.

I did get my copy of #206 (ordered online) about 8-9 days after dispatch (again mailed with French Post), and the new issue of Edge (also ordered online) just took about 6 days. So that indeed seems to work okay and I'll probably stick with getting my copies that way. Because obviously nobody who has had the (dis)pleasure to witness the quality of Future's customer "service" in the last months and years should be too confident that the issues current on hold for international subscribers will really be shipped whenever they resume their normal operations... Personally, I predict that instead the missed number get added to the remaining issues (if we're lucky).

antsbull

Post by antsbull » Tue May 05, 2020 6:46 am

Have any subscribers in New Zealand or Australia received issue 205? I didn't, but it was meant to have been posted out and it can't be replaced on the website - it says "this issue can't be replaced"? Any tips on what I should do to get my issue?

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Tue May 05, 2020 2:23 pm

antsbull wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 6:46 am
Have any subscribers in New Zealand or Australia received issue 205? I didn't, but it was meant to have been posted out and it can't be replaced on the website - it says "this issue can't be replaced"? Any tips on what I should do to get my issue?
I've had that "can't be replaced" nonsense before despite fulfilling all listed requirements then - I believe thta's either simply bropken or customer service doesn't give a damn (probably the later).

Best chance you've got is ordering a single issue - of course costs extra money, but at least you're likely to get what you paid for (worked fine for me every time) and the cover looks better as well (usually).

antsbull

Post by antsbull » Tue May 05, 2020 4:18 pm

Weblaus wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 2:23 pm
antsbull wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 6:46 am
I've had that "can't be replaced" nonsense before despite fulfilling all listed requirements then - I believe thta's either simply bropken or customer service doesn't give a damn (probably the later).

Best chance you've got is ordering a single issue - of course costs extra money, but at least you're likely to get what you paid for (worked fine for me every time) and the cover looks better as well (usually).
Its not available on the Single Issue page either - I've contacted them by email to see what is possible, and mentioned that after 15 years collecting the mag, to miss an issue wouldn't be great. My only fallback at this stage is to buy off ebay, where its going to cost me between 20 and 40 pounds to buy the single issue and ship to NZ.

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Tue May 05, 2020 4:58 pm

antsbull wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 4:18 pm
Its not available on the Single Issue page either - I've contacted them by email to see what is possible, and mentioned that after 15 years collecting the mag, to miss an issue wouldn't be great. My only fallback at this stage is to buy off ebay, where its going to cost me between 20 and 40 pounds to buy the single issue and ship to NZ.
Strange... issue 205 shows up fine and as in stock for me here:

https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/ ... issue-205/

It could potentially be that you don't see it based on your location - I know I don't see any non-digital subscription ooptions, though I have no idea if they're therer for UK-based people - but since "rest of the world" is avialble to chose as delivery region, this seems kind of unlikely?

Sending an email to costumer service basically has the same chance of success as screaming across the ocean and hoping to be heard - about zero. If they're even back in the office by now, as apparently they can't do their job from home in that department.

antsbull

Post by antsbull » Tue May 05, 2020 6:19 pm

Weblaus wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 4:58 pm
antsbull wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 4:18 pm
Strange... issue 205 shows up fine and as in stock for me here:

https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/ ... issue-205/

It could potentially be that you don't see it based on your location - I know I don't see any non-digital subscription ooptions, though I have no idea if they're therer for UK-based people - but since "rest of the world" is avialble to chose as delivery region, this seems kind of unlikely?

Sending an email to costumer service basically has the same chance of success as screaming across the ocean and hoping to be heard - about zero. If they're even back in the office by now, as apparently they can't do their job from home in that department.
Ah cool - just went back there now and its showing up again, definitely wasn't there earlier today, 203 wasn't there earlier either.

brjoce

Post by brjoce » Wed May 06, 2020 12:43 pm

I still haven't seen issue 205 in MS USA. I understand that 206 on up are being held back for subscribers, but it seems like 205 is really late even factoring in coronavirus. I saw that ATL has received it, so hopefully not much longer.

Rory Milne

Post by Rory Milne » Thu May 07, 2020 5:08 am

I've just noticed that My Favourite Magazines are online and dealing with subscriber / customer enquires at https://twitter.com/MyFaveMags

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Sat May 16, 2020 1:11 pm

So is #206 not being distributed to EUlandia? Should I have gotten an email? Link to info?

Rory Milne

Post by Rory Milne » Sat May 16, 2020 1:39 pm

NorthWay wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:11 pm
So is #206 not being distributed to EUlandia? Should I have gotten an email? Link to info?
Nick Thorpe - RG's feature editor - posted on the forum in early April to say that International subscriptions are temporarily being "fulfilled digitally, with issues printed and stored for when they can be sent safely." Then there was a tweet on the RG twitter page last Thursday saying that the situation hasn't changed for RG 207.

The situation is being reviewed each month, though, and hopefully international subscriptions will get back to normal sooner rather than later.