Tracking lateness

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

thegamesnotoveryet

Re: Tracking lateness

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:50 am

Mauricio wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:44 am
thegamesnotoveryet wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:33 pm
Yeah, mine shipped out on the 11th, so at least now I have a timetable for the replacement, but these often don't follow any real delivery time, due to how they are shipped. I've gotten replacements in 10 days, and I've gotten some much later, so fingers crossed for now. My bigger problem is that my replacements often come in trash condition, even though they often arrive faster than my subscription copies do.

At this point if I have any other problems, I'll probably have to try to get this issue of Ebay or something, as my local B&N was down to only 4 copies a few weeks back, and by the time I know what's going on with my replacement, it may be to late to grab a copy locally. They do give a time frame for the replacement, so if it hasn't arrived by that time, I'll probably contact them and get an extra issue on my sub, since they are now sold out.
My replacement came in surprisingly good condition, FWIW. And it's good to hear #197 actually arrived at retailers, or at least B&N. I have not heard a single report of a US subscriber receiving their copy, so I thought perhaps no copies (subscriber or retail) made it to the US.
Yeah, I think B&N is the only place left in the US that carries these physically, as I haven't seen them other places in years. Fry's used to carry RG, along with border books, but Frys stopped years ago, at least in my area, and Borders books closed up shop.

When Future took over, home delivery got slower, while retail didn't, so now it's very hard for me to get replacements at retail. As by the time I've sorted out problems with this beyond censored poor customer service, the issue I need is gone from their shelves. I should have just grabbed it once mine hadn't showed up, and just asked for an extra issue added to my subscription, instead of the replacement. Especially since my replacements often need to be replaced due to the poor condition they arrive in, which is insane as they are packaged better and shipped faster than my sub copy, but arrive in barely usable condition.

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:20 pm

Well, my replacement #197 arrived yesterday and it was 2 weeks to the day that it shipped, so one of the faster deliveries I've received in awhile. As for condition, that was pretty good as well, as I see they now send in a plastic bag like normal, it's just not clear. This seems the better option, as this is sent as a priority publication, while I'm guessing their old method with the bubble mailer was treated more like a package, and why those always arrived beat to hell and back.

So still no reports of any subscription #197 arriving in the US uh? Well, maybe it will show up one day, but for now I'm just happy a got a decent replacement that wasn't destroyed in the shipping process, so a huge thanks for that.

BenyoBoy

Post by BenyoBoy » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:33 am

It's been a while since I've posted here, but thankfully, after almost 2 years in agony, pain, sadness and madness, my issue with missing magazines solved.... maybe? The last 5 magazines just arrived to my place (in time, in perfect condition) and I'm so happy, that finally I can read my magazines and don't have to worry about it at all. Now I'm waiting for Load 200 to arrive. If it arrives, I'm going to be the happiest person ever. I don't know who should I thank for or where should I write to express my gratitude.

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:57 pm

I was able to congratulate #200 yesterday (the 7th) - a perfect 4 weeks since the previous issue. Still tucked in the bag though as my reading pile is pretty well stocked at the moment.

Power_Player

Post by Power_Player » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:01 pm

Still waiting for Issue 199. Has anybody already received this issue here in Germany, so that I can consider my copy as lost.

brjoce

Post by brjoce » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:52 am

Has anyone received 200 in the US yet?

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:17 am

brjoce wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:52 am
Has anyone received 200 in the US yet?
Yeah, nothing for me yet, and I forgot to make notation of when my issue #199 arrived, so I'm flying blind at the moment. LOL

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:24 am

Power_Player wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:01 pm
Still waiting for Issue 199. Has anybody already received this issue here in Germany, so that I can consider my copy as lost.
Arrived on the 6th for me here in Bavaria, I'm told Hamburg got it a week earlier and some people had it apparently one or two weeks before that.

So wherever you are, it's not entirely impossible it might still show up, I guess. But it's consisently absurd how much difference there is delivery time througout one country.

Not that Future gives a F even though they obviously could do something about it as my Edge issues pretty much always arrive within 1-2 weeks as opposed to the 4-5 weeks RG apparently now is back to again.

Power_Player

Post by Power_Player » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:57 pm

First I'm from Cologne. Got my Copy today (11.11.) almost two weeks after issue 200 started on sale! Perhaps an interessting fact for you. Even the bookstore in the cologne main station don't get its copies earlier. At the Moment they still sale issue 199.

Mauricio

Post by Mauricio » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:39 pm

#200 received in Atlanta on November 16.

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:44 am

Mauricio wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:39 pm
#200 received in Atlanta on November 16.
Sweet, hopefully mine will arrive by today then, fingers crossed.

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:57 pm

Well, still no issue #200 here in Vegas yet, and is the site sold out of this issue already, are was it never even posted? I would ask for a replacement, but that's not looking likely at the moment, so hopefully this issue shows up. I'll actually probably be going by my local Barnes & Nobles on Tuesday, so if it hasn't arrived by then, I'll try to buy it in store, and just get another issue added to my sub. Normally I get my issues within a few days of any east coast readers, so this has me worried, but it still hasn't been to long, so it still may show up this week(fingers crossed).

brjoce

Post by brjoce » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:56 pm

200 arrived in MS on Nov 16th

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:14 pm

Well, still no #200 here in Vegas but guess what..........................Holy s**t Batman, my subscriber copy of #197 arrived yesterday instead. So what, only 3 months behind when it should have arrived, not bad uh? LOL

Well, on to customer service to request an extra issue added to my sub for #200, as it's past late at this point, so I'll just buy a copy local and call it a day. At least that way I can get the extras and the magazine in proper condition.

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:25 pm

And my issue #200 finally arrived to me yesterday here in Sin City, so this was a rather larger gap in regards to others in the US, but better late than never I guess. LOL