Tracking lateness

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

NorthWay

Re: Tracking lateness

Post by NorthWay » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:13 pm

NorthWay wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:25 pm
(BTW, I got Edge (#329) today too.)
(W? T? F? I just read EDGE when I find it in my mailbox, so I'm not paying _that_ close attention, but today #328 arrived. After #329. Wrong order, you know. Shipped via a re-mailer in Praha. How is it even possible to mess up something so bad Future?)
(EDIT: #328 used a German re-mailer.)
Last edited by NorthWay on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:31 pm

NorthWay wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:13 pm
NorthWay wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:25 pm
(BTW, I got Edge (#329) today too.)
(W? T? F? I just read EDGE when I find it in my mailbox, so I'm not paying _that_ close attention, but today #328 arrived. After #329. Wrong order, you know. Shipped via a re-mailer in Praha. How is it even possible to mess up something so bad Future?)
Yeah, at this point I'm just keeping my fingers crossed in regards to finishing out my subscription, and then leaving Future(at least as a subscriber). These guys just seem to be clueless in basic customer service, and back when my sub was super cheap, the service was 10x better. Now, the cost is way up, and the service is pretty much in the toilet, which is the fastest way possible to lose past, present and "Future" customers.

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:40 pm

So issue 190 is as of now coming up to 3 weeks and of course still MIA. But since 189 took a whole 5 weeks and 1 day to reach me, well... You'd think that Future now using a German re-mailer route should speed things up for German subscribers at least, but clearly that's not the case so far and actually seems to have gotten even worse. At least in case of RG.

And frustratingly enough, it seems like replacement copy delivery has some problems now as well: I ordered one when I thought that 189 surely must have been lost and that's also already taking 2 weeks - previously, replacement copies we're mailed directy from the UK and never took more than 1 week. So either the current one actually did get lost for real (which would be somwhat ironic) or they've started re-routing stuff ordered from the website. Which would be crap, but par for the course, I guess.