Tracking lateness

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Chinnico

Re: Tracking lateness

Post by Chinnico » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:30 pm

There is balance in the world.
Now that I have moved to the UK I was thinking to be safe from the delivery delays.
But, after an initial happy period of 3 months roughly, and just in time for my renewal in May, the following started to happen:
- the June issue (182) was late and checking my account I saw that my delivery address had been reverted to the former italian one. So the magazine has supposedly been sent again to my former address in Italy. To be fair, the support immediately replied to my email and I also received a replacement copy in just a few days - the slighly annoying detail is that it is a 'normal' one, not one with the subscription cover;
- then July issue (183) has not been delivered yet as of today, and I am afraid that I will need to ask for a further (non subscription cover) replacement copy.
NOW... WHAT!?

Chinnico

antsbull

Post by antsbull » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:51 am

Thats similar to my experience - everything was going fine with my previous subscription, despite the publisher change, but as soon as I renewed my sub from the new publisher's website (myfavouritemagazines), the mag stopped turning up. When I went in to the new website, the address they had put against my name was nonsense, even though I had entered a completely different address previously.

Once I edited the address and fixed it up, lo and behold, the magazines started showing up again.

183 subs issue has just turned up in New Zealand for me.

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:04 am

NorthWay wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:04 pm
And as an oddity: EDGE #321 arrived today, seemingly direct from Praha. So Future seems to have more than one standard...
Until a while ago routing went through Austria, then I got one or two issues through Prague (I think) and then it went through Hungary for the last few months - so there's indeed no real constant somehow.

Edge #321 would be the issue from over four weeks ago, so that's extremely slow, especially given how fast you get your RG issue usually compared to pretty much everyone else outside the UK. Coincidentally, I'm also waiting for that one (4 weeks and 1 day after the store date and not here) which is the first time in basically forever that an issue of Edge has taken a) longer than the RG one of the some month and b) more than 3 weeks. Hopefully it'll arrive at all...
antsbull wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:51 am
183 subs issue has just turned up in New Zealand for me.
Damn, that's incredibly fast, hopefully us central Europeans won't have to wait the usually 2-3 weeks more...

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:55 pm

Ronin wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:07 pm
It's 18.07.2018 and I still dont have my RG #182. It's fu% ridiculous ! ( shipment to Poland ) Every time situation is the same. 4-5 weeks of delay and nobody cares about it ! You can send e-mails and have simple respond form some BOTs where answer is always the same "We are sorry blah blah blah". Every fu%& time it's repeating !!! MyFavouriteMagazines are totalyy idiots, they dont do anything about this sick situation. So many peoples have the same problem and what ? NOTHING ! So my subscription is going to end after vacation and i will no renew it. I will just pick up PDF version from pirated websites and NOW i will not care. They will not have my money. End of transmition !
Yeah, that sucks in a major way, as dealing with the standard CS is just as you describe. It takes days to a week to get replies, and then once you do, it's a standard reply 9/10 times. To say "their responses are limited" is an understatement. The only time I ever got a reply that was even close to being useful was them saying a replacement was on the way, and even that seemed less than human.

Since those times, I have just had to take the good with the bad, and hope the positives outweigh the negatives, which seems to be the case at the moment(at least for me). I can completely understand those who decide to give up, as giving a company hard earned funds for a product should never have to be this hard, EVER!

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:37 pm

And #183 came yesterday (second time on a Friday in a row now). With a 10cm tear in the back cover inside a pristine plastic bag....

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:47 am

Well, that's great... I'm told from others in Northern / Middle Germany that they have received issue 183 on Saturday already (i.e. lightning fast for once), but sitting here in Bavaria, there's still nothing as of Tuesday's delivery. Which has me rather worried as that's highly unusual for postal service to differ so much - keeping my fingers crossed, but it's not looking good so far :(

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:20 am

So still no issue 183 in Bavaria, while the North and West of Germany apparently has it since Saturday - and it's not just my copy, I know of two more subscribers having the same problem.

While I'm happy for the ones who finally got their issue in a reasonable timeframe which hadn't been the case for at least have a year, this is really hugely frustrating for me and makes me wish I hadn't re-news my subscription: 12 more issues of monthly frustration over the delivery, ugh.

Boulder

Post by Boulder » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:09 pm

Same problem here in Finland. I hope the magazine arrives tomorrow because I would have liked to take it with me when I leave on Monday.

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:46 pm

NorthWay wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:04 pm
And as an oddity: EDGE #321 arrived today, seemingly direct from Praha. So Future seems to have more than one standard...
And then to show their colours, Future got me EDGE #322 today, this time using their Norwegian re-mailer. Seriously Future?

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:46 pm

So finally issue #183 has arrived at my place - again routed through Hungary and actually pretty fast compared to before, yet I still wonder why it took alsot a week longer than for the northern half of Germany.

So for issues released in 2018 so far, this is how long it took to reach Germany (the souther part ) from the UK on sale date:

#177 - 33 days
#178 - 21 days
#179 - 30 days
#180 - 34 days
#181 - 23 days
#182 - 16 days
#183 - 15 days

No sight of Edge issue 321, but after 36 days, I guess I can consider the previous one officially as lost - the first one in years, hopefully it'll stay the only one as I now had to use my "replace one issue every six months"-option. Replacement was sent out after three days today, will be interesting to see how long that one takes (since it's most likely sent from the UK directly, probably less than a week as it should always be).

EDIT: And amazingly the new Edge issue 322 came in on Saturday, so just 9 days in transfer. Really can't remember the last time anything from Future arrived even remotley this fast.
Last edited by Weblaus on Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Large Bass

Post by Large Bass » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:11 am

Issue 183 arrived in Boston Massachusetts today.

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:55 am

Issue #183 arrived to me yesterday here in Sin City USA. So these have for sure been staying on the same course of delivery times for awhile now, at least since it was fixed. This latest issue arrived in amazing shape as well, which has been an problem off and on over the last year or so, since shipping times have improved.

Well, I recently opted to renew my subscription(may come back to bite me in the ass), and this was my last issue of my current subscription. For some reason, once I renewed, I got a new subscription number, so that order picks up where this one ended. I contacted Mark, just to make sure this was OK, and it seemed to be. So I'll just have to wait and see if issue #184 continues to come as quick as it has been in the past, as it worries me that the subscription numbered changed, as then I'm thinking I may end up getting that old service I came to know & hate. LOL

flugle

Post by flugle » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:11 am

I got my issue 183 in Australia yesterday, and I get home today, and there's another issue 183 delivered. I'm hoping these extras are not being counted against my sub count

simke

Post by simke » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:14 am

Received issue 183 today 6/7, Brisbane Australia. Quickest one so far. Deliveries for last 3 issues have been an improvement.

Boulder

Post by Boulder » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:49 am

Issue 183 arrived in Finland on Friday, August 3rd.