Tracking lateness

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

merman

Re: Tracking lateness

Post by merman » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:51 pm

ISSUE 178

Due in shops Thursday 22nd February
My subscriber copy arrived 22nd February
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:11 am

Ditto. Arrival for UK subscribers for issue 178 is 22/02/18.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

tokra

Post by tokra » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:03 am

Well, good for you. Germany is still waiting for issue 177. Sadly, no one at Retro Gamer or their subscription-team seems to care. No comment from them either here or on Facebook, where the issue has been brought up as well.

I'd rather look online for an illegal PDF of the issue and if I want the physical issues just buy them later on Ebay for cheap if this continues.

Sadly, this is not a new problem, but delivery has been dead-slow for YEARS now. I've had a little hope things would improve with the change to Future, but really they just got worse...

The magazine-content is a great as ever, just wish you could get it out to your customers :?

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:36 pm

merman wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:51 pm
ISSUE 178

That really is very helpful, thank you. /s

I'm sorry, but surely you can see how such a post in a thread that was explicitely set up to "to track lateness of delivery for overseas issues" (see first post) feels like mocking for the people who actually do not live in the UK (and therefore are "overseas") and have yet to receive the previous issue?

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:13 pm

tokra wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:03 am
Well, good for you. Germany is still waiting for issue 177. Sadly, no one at Retro Gamer or their subscription-team seems to care. No comment from them either here or on Facebook, where the issue has been brought up as well.

I'd rather look online for an illegal PDF of the issue and if I want the physical issues just buy them later on Ebay for cheap if this continues.

Sadly, this is not a new problem, but delivery has been dead-slow for YEARS now. I've had a little hope things would improve with the change to Future, but really they just got worse...

The magazine-content is a great as ever, just wish you could get it out to your customers :?
This has to be looked into for you guys, surely. Our issues have definitely got slower since Imagine switched to future, but after a few bad ones seems to have improved. It's still three weeks over what used to be one, but to be fair and honest ALL my overseas orders have got that way. When you live in an isolated area of the world you get used to having to order online and get a good feel of what is reasonable time and what isn't.

I'd also like to emphasise I am buying from the store case by case. I'm NOT a subscriber. And It seems by the look orders, International ones, tend to be quicker if you are NOT a subscriber. I think that needs looking at too, as subscribers are a bread and butter and should be getting it quicker than me.

Those in Germany should most definately be getting it quicker than us at the bottom of the World, and especially if a subscriber as well.

Perhaps the subs team want to look into this now, it's what the topic is for :)

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:17 pm

That's just weird - I think my issue is shipped to Norway either from Germany or Netherland so it should show up later for me than you.

To the good people at the vessel Future Publishing: How about also adding a subscription option that uses airfreight? You know, perhaps some of us would be fine with paying more for faster deilvery? Just a thought...

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:48 pm

NorthWay wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:17 pm
That's just weird - I think my issue is shipped to Norway either from Germany or Netherland so it should show up later for me than you.
You'd think that should be the case, but for whatever reason (saving money, most likely) the routing to German customers seems to go through Austria and the Austrian Mail nowadays.

So basically it appears like the issues get a nice trip right over/around Germany just to later be circled back. Which from experience has added at least a week to the usual delivery time, even when the whole bunch doesn't get lost like it apparently happened this time.

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:27 am

I'm almost lost for words - issue #177 has finally started to arrive in Germany, I got mine today, just 4 weeks and 4 days after the store date. And at the very same day with the copy I ordered on the website last Wednesday.

I should start a betting pool when the current issue will show up.

antsbull

Post by antsbull » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:52 pm

I've been 3 months without an issue now, and have even ordered and paid for individual issues from the website and still nothing has turned up - after 10 years of buying from the Imagine site.

The subs team are useless - tried to get them to confirm the address they were sending it to and they wouldn't and they couldn't re-send 176 despite it still being for purchase on the single issues part of the site.

I've spoken to another subscriber on Facebook who has been 8 months without an issue, and the subs team have stuffed him around as well.

tokra

Post by tokra » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:51 pm

Still nothing here yet.

On Facebook it says: "If anyone overseas is experiencing issues with their subscription please contact Darran at darran.jones@futurenet.com with the title of 'delayed subscription' and he'll do the rest."

Did that last week, no reply either.

Does anyone actually take care of these issues with overseas subscriptions? Bueller? Bueller?

Octogenarihexate!

Post by Octogenarihexate! » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:25 am

Canadian here.
Used to be about 2 weeks from sale date when the mag was still with Future.
As it is now, I just received Issue 176 today, February 27th.

I'm a bit put off by this, I have to admit. I have not yet tried emailing Darran, I will do so now.

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:52 pm

antsbull wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:52 pm
I've been 3 months without an issue now, and have even ordered and paid for individual issues from the website and still nothing has turned up - after 10 years of buying from the Imagine site.

The subs team are useless - tried to get them to confirm the address they were sending it to and they wouldn't and they couldn't re-send 176 despite it still being for purchase on the single issues part of the site.

I've spoken to another subscriber on Facebook who has been 8 months without an issue, and the subs team have stuffed him around as well.
So is Mark from subscriptions gone already? I don't frequent here as much since my subscription finally seems to be on track. But not having anyone from that department here on a regular basis to answer questions and take care of problems is complete BS! I also agree that the normal contacts for subscriptions are all but useless, as it takes ages to get replies, and when they finally due respond, the information is mostly useless. Then if I respond to the lack of info, it may be weeks to hear again, and more useless info. And around & around we go.

If Helen hadn't of been here when my subscription went tits up, I would have cancelled for sure. For those who have paid thru Paypal, I believe you have a 6 month window to file a complaint for non delivered goods, which these issues most certainly qualify for. For those past that point, posting issues and problems on social media is about the best you can do. As this is the only avenue I've seen work for others in the past in regards to other places and problems.

No company wants negativity in that space, so they try and keep complaints to a minimum, but I don't know that Future may care, as it seems that hasn't been working either. For those who used a credit card for subscriptions, you may want to contact them and state issues aren't arriving, as they may be able to do a charge back on your behalf. It's very sad that this is what customer service has come to for so many, as it shows a rather strong lack of caring for loyal customers on Future's behalf.

Here is my delivery dates for my last handful of issues, and I'm located in Las Vegas USA:

#173 - Oct 14
#174 - Nov 9
#175 - Dec 8
#176 - Dec 30
#177 - Feb 2
#178 - ?

As you guys see, I got 2 issues in December, a Christmas miracle if I ever saw one. LOL

merman

Post by merman » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:35 pm

Weblaus wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:36 pm
merman wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:51 pm
ISSUE 178

That really is very helpful, thank you. /s

I'm sorry, but surely you can see how such a post in a thread that was explicitely set up to "to track lateness of delivery for overseas issues" (see first post) feels like mocking for the people who actually do not live in the UK (and therefore are "overseas") and have yet to receive the previous issue?
And if you read the thread properly, you would see Antiriad's suggestion that a UK SUBSCRIBER post the date they receive their copy as a comparison. There was no mocking, no bias against people overseas and certainly no intent to upset anyone.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

BenyoBoy

Post by BenyoBoy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:25 am

Hungary calling, not a single mag arrived since Issue 175, still waiting...
And no, I don't expect to get a refund or anything, because I'm that censored hopeless here. I just want to know how much money should I waste on eBay AND on the official subscription as well to be 100% sure I get some paper wrapped in plastic...

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:26 pm

tokra wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:51 pm
Still nothing here yet.

On Facebook it says: "If anyone overseas is experiencing issues with their subscription please contact Darran at darran.jones@futurenet.com with the title of 'delayed subscription' and he'll do the rest."

Did that last week, no reply either.

Does anyone actually take care of these issues with overseas subscriptions? Bueller? Bueller?
What's your actual name because I've personally passed on every single email that's come through.
Darran