Tracking lateness

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Boulder

Re: Tracking lateness

Post by Boulder » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:01 am

Boulder wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:01 am
I haven't received either of the missing ones yet. Hopefully they arrive during this week.
Just got 206 and 210 yesterday, so maybe 207 will follow shortly.

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:36 am

Well, for those in the US wondering about other options in regards to getting your RG fix from Future, and may need or want an alternative option, Barnes & Noble has issue #209 currently on sell. This was my 1st trip back to BN since Covid began, so not sure what if any of the last few issues made it to retail or not? They seemed to have a good amount, so if I was to guess, they probably had just received that issue within the last week at most(maybe even in the last few days). So this seems to be in line with what past issues to retail in the US has taken, which mostly fell in the 6-8 weeks time frame for US locations to receive.

This will be my option going forward which sucks, as the retail cost for these issues is about double what the subscription rate was, but at least I know what I'm buying, and when it will arrive, and in perfect condition. These three major "UNKNOWNS" are very important to me as a paying consumer, and Future currently shows no leadership in regards to proving confidence to me, so now I have to go elsewhere. I'll keep an eye out here for any improvements in service, or a return to a "norm", whatever that looks like, as Future was pretty bad before all this happened? But for now at least, I can get my latest issues locally, and on a timely manner, so won't be losing any sleep over the higher price, as it's "piece of mind" over savings at this point!!!

gienekk

Post by gienekk » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:37 am

I've received 206, 207, 208 and 210 issues on 7th of September. 209 arrived in early August.

antsbull

Post by antsbull » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:38 am

the last of the missing issues showed up in NZ for me at the weekend, #206

Mauricio

Post by Mauricio » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:32 am

This will look like a repeat of my Aug 31st message, but it is still true...

Still nothing since #205 here in Atlanta, GA, USA. Any US subscriber sightings of issues #206 or later?

ivarf

Post by ivarf » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:40 am

Mauricio wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:32 am
This will look like a repeat of my Aug 31st message, but it is still true...

Still nothing since #205 here in Atlanta, GA, USA. Any US subscriber sightings of issues #206 or later?
Still missing issue 206. I have now received all the other issues. (Norway)

sleeper_jay

Post by sleeper_jay » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:32 pm

In California here and haven't received a new issue since 203. I got the same notice a lot of US subscribers probably did that 206+ were being shipped later, so hopefully they show up at some point, but 204 & 205 seem to be lost to the ether. Contacted support and they promised to sort out the 2 missing issues, only to send me another copy of 203 that I already had (I don't know how on earth they managed to do that with how clear my support message was), and of course by the time that managed to make its way over here 204 & 205 were both sold out so they couldn't even try to get it right a second time. I understand things are crazy right now but it would've been nice if I could have at least gotten what I paid for at *some* point in the future. I'm on the quarterly subscription plan so at this point I've been through two billing cycles with nothing to show for it besides a second copy of an issue I already had.

sleeper_jay

Post by sleeper_jay » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:25 pm

Any US subscriber sightings of issues #206 or later?
Just wanted to update to let you know I got a copy of #208 today, the first one I've seen since #203. Minor detail but it's not a subscriber edition and just has the standard cover despite not being a replacement or anything. It's a start at least.

Mauricio

Post by Mauricio » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:27 pm

#208 and #209 arrived yesterday here in Atlanta, GA. As sleeper_jay noted, #208 is the standard cover, which is disappointing. #209 is the subscriber cover.

Still no sign of #206 and #207. Though I did get an email telling me about... #212!

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:54 am

OK, here in Vegas, #209 arrived back on Monday the the 5th and as stated, that was the regular subscriber cover, with my name and address printed on the info sheet within the bag like normal. #208 arrived this past Thursday the 8th, and that was the normal retail cover, and it was in the normal see thru plastic bag, but it just had an address label on the outside as well as a postage sticker(no address sheet within like normal).

So did they wait until all the subscriber copies were gone, before deciding to ship them to the states? They said those issues were being held, but I guess that was BS uh? No surprise there. No #206 or #207 here either, so I guess I'll drop them a email ASAP, as no telling if those will arrive, or if they ever even got shipped(no real way to know. And CS is not responding that quickly, or not at all? Since they changed the login, I can't access my account, as I need to know what my last issue was, as it may be #209, but I was really close to the end, and it may be #210. I need to find out ASAP, as my local B&N should have it already, and if not soon, and I'll need to grab a copy if my sub is over.

Either way, I'm happy to be pretty much done with these bozos, as I'll just go back to buying local and not dealing with this s**t show, as when you deal with clowns, expect nothing less than a circus.

Rory Milne

Post by Rory Milne » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:45 am

thegamesnotoveryet wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:54 am
I can't access my account, as I need to know what my last issue was, as it may be #209, but I was really close to the end, and it may be #210. I need to find out ASAP
What happens when you try to log on at the address below, does it accept your email address?

https://www.mymagazine.co.uk/?utm_sourc ... inesdirect

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:42 pm

Rory Milne wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:45 am
Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:54 am
I can't access my account, as I need to know what my last issue was, as it may be #209, but I was really close to the end, and it may be #210. I need to find out ASAP
What happens when you try to log on at the address below, does it accept your email address?

https://www.mymagazine.co.uk/?utm_sourc ... inesdirect
Yeah, it opens up the process, but once I get to the code from my sub, it needs to be 8 digits and all the ones I have are 10 digits? And since I don't have that 8 digit number, I can't access my account. So I guess I need to contact customer service correct?

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:15 pm

Just came home to find #211 waiting for me. My backlog just got that much worse!

Rory Milne

Post by Rory Milne » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:48 am

Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:42 pm
Yeah, it opens up the process, but once I get to the code from my sub, it needs to be 8 digits and all the ones I have are 10 digits? And since I don't have that 8 digit number, I can't access my account. So I guess I need to contact customer service correct?
I didn't get to the stage of the process where you're asked for your sub code. For whatever reason I only had to enter my email address, surname, postcode, country and the magazine I subscibe to - i.e. Retro Gamer.

I'm guessing that the website only asks you for your sub code if the email, surname, address and magazine you type in don't correspond to what Magazines Direct has listed on its database for you.

So yeah, I guess giving Magazines Direct a call to give them your current details is your best bet. Their number is 0330 3331113. It's taking a while to get through to them just now because of all the problems there have been, but the people I've spoken to there have been polite and genuinely helpful.

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:21 am

Rory Milne wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:48 am
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:42 pm
I didn't get to the stage of the process where you're asked for your sub code. For whatever reason I only had to enter my email address, surname, postcode, country and the magazine I subscibe to - i.e. Retro Gamer.

I'm guessing that the website only asks you for your sub code if the email, surname, address and magazine you type in don't correspond to what Magazines Direct has listed on its database for you.

So yeah, I guess giving Magazines Direct a call to give them your current details is your best bet. Their number is 0330 3331113. It's taking a while to get through to them just now because of all the problems there have been, but the people I've spoken to there have been polite and genuinely helpful.
I'm an international buyer as well, so my issues may be region based, as our codes may be different than the EU ones. My account may also be closed, as maybe my last issue was sent, and I didn't renew, but I should still be able to few past orders, if I'm active or not, I would think? Long story short, I've got to do extra work, because it's beyond apparent, Future has no interest in doing it on their own, so it is what it is. Thanks for any and all help guys, it's appreciated.