Tracking lateness

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Weblaus

Re: Tracking lateness

Post by Weblaus » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:27 pm

Once again, #198 still hasn't arrived here in Germany - and why should it, after all it has only been a little over three weeeks from the store date.

But for the first time since forever, I got a "Your copy of Retro Gamer is on its way!" email today for #199 - this feels like adding insult to injury when the previous one has't shown up yet.

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:14 pm

197 & 198 are both MIA for me here in the states, but the last time this happened, both delayed issues arrived together almost 2-3 months late. I'll for sure be contacting them on Monday to get a replacement for both at this point.

flugle

Post by flugle » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:23 pm

Still no sign of 197 or 198 in Australia either. But I got an email to tell me 199 is on it's way, which at this stage I'm finding very difficult to believe

brjoce

Post by brjoce » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:58 pm

So same here. Still missing 197 and 198 in the US. I contacted support and here yet to hear from them, this was back on Tuesday 9/24. I had the same issue in the past and then all of a sudden the 2 missing issues showed up, so hopefully same scenario here. By the way, I also tried the automated replacement issue approach under account, and it wouldn't work for 197.

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:24 am

brjoce wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:58 pm
So same here. Still missing 197 and 198 in the US. I contacted support and here yet to hear from them, this was back on Tuesday 9/24. I had the same issue in the past and then all of a sudden the 2 missing issues showed up, so hopefully same scenario here. By the way, I also tried the automated replacement issue approach under account, and it wouldn't work for 197.
Sadly, customer service is complete and utter s**t, and waiting 1-2 weeks for a reply is pretty normal. The single issue replacement has a laundry list of rules and regulations, the most important of which is that you can only make "one" replacement request within a 6 month period. So pretty much their saying if you get more than one issue damaged, or gone missing, your SOL.

So I never use that system, as it seems like a way to black list their own customers, for their own mistakes. So I only ever do a replacement request through contacting them directly, that way there is a record of each and every request and the specific reasons why. Then they can't claim I'm abusing the system and getting free issues for kicks, as I wouldn't put anything past this operation.

As for my latest update, issue #198 arrived on Saturday here in Sin City USA, but still no #197, so I'll contact them ASAP and see about getting a replacement for that issue.

brjoce

Post by brjoce » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:09 am

Update. Just received issue 198 yesterday in MS USA, about 1 month after street date, which is normal for me. I contacted customer support and they're resending issue 197. We'll see what happens with 199.

Mauricio

Post by Mauricio » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:51 am

I likewise requested a replacement for #197, with a message to customer service. FYI, I sent the message on Thursday and got the reply on the following Wednesday. I assume the replacement won't have the subscriber cover, which is a shame. I have not heard a single report of a US subscriber receiving #197.

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:12 am

#199 decided to share the good Word(s) with me yesterday (10th), a paltry 24 days since the previous (carving back some of the slack of a 4-week cycle).

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:42 am

Well, I contacted customer service on Monday the 7th for a replacement for #197, and I didn't hear back until Friday the 11th that a replacement would be sent(got shipping notice today on the 15th). Since I've dealt with this inept CS system before, I knew to include my mailing address, as they would have taken the week to reply, only to ask me to confirm my mailing address and wait another week for them to confirm and then ship.

So for those wondering, this is the norm, as it usually takes 1-2 weeks from start to finish to get a replacement sent out(does not include shipping time), mainly due to them asking extra questions after you contact them the first time. If they had any clue, maybe they should be this diligent before hand, and then contacting them for a replacement wouldn't be needed on such a regular basis. And yes, you only get the retail cover when getting a replacement, as they forced special covers on subscribers with out a single question to me as a subscriber if I want those covers or not. Then when you may actually like one(which for me is rare), there is no way to get it, as there is no system to get a replacement for the subscriber cover. How about holding back an amount for damages or lost shipments, as some may have subscribed specifically for that feature, only to not be able to get that issue if anything happens to it(which seems rather frequent).

Well, since no one here has confirmed #197 has arrived to anyone in the states, we still may have that issue show up, as this has happened in the past, but I'm not holding my breath. Sadly my replacement will probably arrived beat to hell and back as all of my replacement normally do. Customer service here is a **** show to say the least, but the magazine is rather good when it actually arrives.

Mauricio

Post by Mauricio » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:32 am

#199 arrived in Atlanta today (the 16th), pretty fast after the street date of the 3rd. However, I am still waiting on the replacement of #197, which was supposedly shipped on the 3rd.

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:03 pm

Mauricio wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:32 am
#199 arrived in Atlanta today (the 16th), pretty fast after the street date of the 3rd. However, I am still waiting on the replacement of #197, which was supposedly shipped on the 3rd.
Yeah, my #199 arrived in Sin City yesterday, but still no original #197 and my replacement was just sent out, so not expecting that for a few weeks at least(fingers crossed).

Mauricio

Post by Mauricio » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:08 pm

Replacement for #197 arrived in Atlanta yesterday, October 21 (shipped on October 3)... which is good because it is now out of stock online.

brjoce

Post by brjoce » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:41 pm

Yes, can confirm received 199 on the 17th (MS, USA), which is rapid for me. I can also confirm 197 and 198 replacement issues received over the past 2 weeks, about 2 weeks after contacting customer service.

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:33 pm

Mauricio wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:08 pm
Replacement for #197 arrived in Atlanta yesterday, October 21 (shipped on October 3)... which is good because it is now out of stock online.
Yeah, mine shipped out on the 11th, so at least now I have a timetable for the replacement, but these often don't follow any real delivery time, due to how they are shipped. I've gotten replacements in 10 days, and I've gotten some much later, so fingers crossed for now. My bigger problem is that my replacements often come in trash condition, even though they often arrive faster than my subscription copies do.

At this point if I have any other problems, I'll probably have to try to get this issue of Ebay or something, as my local B&N was down to only 4 copies a few weeks back, and by the time I know what's going on with my replacement, it may be to late to grab a copy locally. They do give a time frame for the replacement, so if it hasn't arrived by that time, I'll probably contact them and get an extra issue on my sub, since they are now sold out.

Mauricio

Post by Mauricio » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:44 am

thegamesnotoveryet wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:33 pm
Yeah, mine shipped out on the 11th, so at least now I have a timetable for the replacement, but these often don't follow any real delivery time, due to how they are shipped. I've gotten replacements in 10 days, and I've gotten some much later, so fingers crossed for now. My bigger problem is that my replacements often come in trash condition, even though they often arrive faster than my subscription copies do.

At this point if I have any other problems, I'll probably have to try to get this issue of Ebay or something, as my local B&N was down to only 4 copies a few weeks back, and by the time I know what's going on with my replacement, it may be to late to grab a copy locally. They do give a time frame for the replacement, so if it hasn't arrived by that time, I'll probably contact them and get an extra issue on my sub, since they are now sold out.
My replacement came in surprisingly good condition, FWIW. And it's good to hear #197 actually arrived at retailers, or at least B&N. I have not heard a single report of a US subscriber receiving their copy, so I thought perhaps no copies (subscriber or retail) made it to the US.