Tracking lateness

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

antsbull

Re: Tracking lateness

Post by antsbull » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:06 am

BenyoBoy wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:06 am
Weblaus wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:01 pm
I haven't checked if the option is actually available for Hungary, but if it is: Have you considered ordering the newer issues from the official website, i.e. My Favourite Magazines as an alternative? I can understand that basically giving Future even more money despite them screwing up is not the most pleasent idea. But while I've sometimes experienced delays with dispatch on a single issue order, the delivery is tankfully routed differently and so far seems to be much faster and more reliable than the subscription has become (of course based on my experiences here in Germany, it took about one week). And with 9 or 10 Euros per issue, they're not too overpriced.
Wow dude!! Thank you very much, I haven't checked if it's avaiable in Hungary or not, but damn, it sounds way better than fishing older issues on eBay for horrendous shipping prices. Thanks for the advise! When this April my subscription FINALLY ENDS I might consider this method instead. I also think it's bullshit that I can't buy any magazines by Future at all in my country, but whatever.
Single Issues is available, but be warned I've used it and they have also failed to turn up like the Subscriptions ones do as well

romeoteknik

Post by romeoteknik » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:20 pm

#177 - Finally received today (3/14) -- replacement was sent on the 21st of Feb
#178 - Finally received last week

Thankfully (and I hate using this word in this context), #178 will be my final issue after years of subscription. I decided not to renew. Having to wonder each month where my issue is, is beyond frustrating and not something a customer should be doing. Clearly something is going on and the worst part is, nothing can be proven. Are folks in the UK and US postal service stealing my issues? Can't prove it. Are folks at Future marking my issue as "sent" but not sending it? Can't prove it. I shouldn't think like this, but what else am I supposed to think when it happens over and over. This definitely occurred alot more ever since Future took over. Not sure what changed on that end.

For international deliveries, I told them to start shipping with tracking numbers and not in the clear plastic so thieves don't give a second look as to what it is. However, unless this becomes a bigger issue to warrant some change, I don't think it will. I also understand that may increase prices for overseas customers, but what else could be done?

***Post updated*** (4/6)
Last edited by romeoteknik on Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:48 pm

romeoteknik wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:20 pm
#177 - Never received yet, replacement was sent on the 21st, still waiting for it
#178 - Not yet received, but I believe USA gets it after 2 weeks of the month?

Thankfully (and I hate using this word in this context), #178 will be my final issue after years of subscription. I decided not to renew. Having to wonder each month where my issue is, is beyond frustrating and not something a customer should be doing. Clearly something is going on and the worst part is, nothing can be proven. Are folks in the UK and US postal service stealing my issues? Can't prove it. Are folks at Future marking my issue as "sent" but not sending it? Can't prove it. I shouldn't think like this, but what else am I supposed to think when it happens over and over. This definitely occurred alot more ever since Future took over. Not sure what changed on that end.

For international deliveries, I told them to start shipping with tracking numbers and not in the clear plastic so thieves don't give a second look as to what it is. However, unless this becomes a bigger issue to warrant some change, I don't think it will. I also understand that may increase prices for overseas customers, but what else could be done?
Don't blame you tbh- and as subscribers are the bread and butter it is a strong message to get their censored together, because without you guys we have no magazine. But- you raise a good point in regards to packaging. Under Imagine, it was sent in quality bubble wrap plastic bags in addition to being so fast. Now- it seems every time I get an issue it seems to be packed different, like they are trying out things. Sometimes in cardboard, other times in a plastic post office type bag (no protection), but mine have never been clear packaging- how are everyone's issues arriving (if or when they do)- how are they packed, and is that constantly changing?

The thing that is really disappointing more than anything is the seemingly lack of any real interest to fix the current situation. With the greatest of respect, having spoken to so many online, most seem to be upset about the apathy in terms of customer service and help, where they seem to be fobbed off and the problem in the 'too hard' basket.
Last edited by kiwimike on Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

antsbull

Post by antsbull » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:43 am

FYI - I ordered 176 and 177 as a single issue and a replacement two weeks a go and they turned up on Monday - haven't seen any of my subscribed issues at all yet.

One theory I've got is that when I renewed my subscription on the new website in December, whatever that process was screwed up the address and that 176 and 177 simply went out to the wrong address. When I went in to order the single issues, the web site popped up a possible address for me that had an extra number in it "22 .... Road" instead of "2 .... Road". Even though my correct address was showing on the account details page, whenever I popped up the single issue page and tried to order it would suggest the different address to use.

I contacted the subs team and asked them to try and confirm this and got a very unhelpful response without them bothering to try and confirm the situation. So I went back in resaved my address on the account page to try and override whatever the underlying wrong address was in there.

I've talked to a couple of people on facebook who also renewed their subscriptions on the new website and then haven't seen a magazine since as well.

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:45 am

So it's time for another update:

Retro Gamer 178 (store date Feb 22nd) - hasn't arrived yet in Germany
Edge 317 (store date Mar 1st) - has arrived today in Germany despite being sent out a week later (still took almost two weeks, i.e. that's slow)

This is the at least the second month in a row this has happened and God knows when RG 178 will even arrive - the last issue took 4 weeks and 4 days.

I've also noticed that on the adress label there in the reigh top corner in fine print "Standard PER OP2" for Retro Gamer and "Priority PER OP 2" for Edge - seems like Future is indeed using an even slower option for RG.

Also, this time the Edge issue was delivery via Czech Post through Prague apparently - what kind of weird routing is this to send a UK magazine to Germany? This is almost triple the distance.

And last week I received a standard letter in the mail from Future's subscription department with a written apology for the troubles: This was dated on Feb 27th, but the postage stamp from Royal Mail said Mar 5th and it did arrive on Mar 9th (so 4 days - I wish the magazines would be even remotely as fast). It said a replacement issue was to be dispatched and could take 7-14 days (but hasn't arrived yet, what a surprise) and that I shouldn't hesitate to contact the Service Delivery Manager if I had further questions. Of course, the only contact details included were from the subscription department (u.e. contact@myfavourite etc.) and that's really pointless to use as everyone can attest to who actually did try to get a useful or timely answer from there.

So to sum it up: While the Edge subscription is borderline okay these days, Retro Gamer delivery speed to at least Germany again is terrible and yet to be determined. Hooray.

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:05 pm

Local Norwegian newsagent got #178 8th March (one week after my sub).

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:37 am

Reasonably pleasant surprise:

Issue #178 arrived today in Germany, so it's taken only three weeks since the store date - obviously still way too slow, but at least this times it's here before the next issue is out.

Postage label says that this time it was routed through Budapest, Hungary...

Solegor

Post by Solegor » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:48 pm

Hello everyone!

Delivery to India have been a bit of a hit and miss in terms of timing but until now all the issues reached me (subbed since October 2017).
Overall delivery either just in about two weeks or only several days after the NEXT issue is released (more than a month). There is no middle ground for some reason:)
But this is fine.
What makes me very angry is the support. For example I've got a quarterly subscription for Jan-Mar (i.e. issues 177-179). For some reason they put it as a new subscribtion with the start in. April! I've written to them and they corrected it to January. And then upgraded it with one more year (issue 180 onwards). It all added up to the same subscription and was fine until now. For at least one week now it shows me that the next issue is 180... And I didn't get any mail that 179 was dispatched (it's not even published yet).
So I will not get 179 despite paying for it? Or it's just a glitch and I will have to wait for over a month to find out?
Support doesn't give any response to my query.

Also contacted them at the end of February to confirm if 177 was dispatched. Not in a single word I hinted that I want a replacement issue. Just wanted to check if they have sent it since it wasn't coming for more than a month. Anyway the next day 177 miraculously arrived!

Two days after I got two different mails saying that they will send a replacement issue. But I've never asked for it! Sent them two mails immediately saying that I DON'T need a replacement.
FIVE more days later I'm getting a mail that the replacement was dispatched... WHY?!
All of this is just completely unprofessional.

On the other note the issue 178 I've recieved fairly quickly - on March 12. But it was opened a little bit. From the bottom - for around 40% percent of the width. It's enough to put a hand inside, roll the magazine and extract it and then put back again. I feel dirty now since I don't like my stuff being touched:( what was done to this mag - I will never know..
I've proposed a solution to return to the practice of using the double bag at least for overseas delivery. My first issue 173 arrived exactly like this and it eliminates a lot of issues with one bag being torn and the dust coming inside even when it's not opened - it still chaufes a bit.

But sadly since 174 issues are coming in a single wrap...

Also all the issues I've got were damaged to an extent but this at least I can understand being a low-cost non-traceable delivery. Especially to India!)

Overall despite the Retro Gamer being a great magazine so far (173 and 175 are the best in my opinion), the support us just killing all of the experience by making me nervous all the time if I'll see my mag or in what condition or if they decide to reply at all. So far the only "support" that is worse - is EA support. This is just another level of dumb. But that's another story:)

BenyoBoy

Post by BenyoBoy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:07 pm

Weblaus wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:37 am
Reasonably pleasant surprise:

Issue #178 arrived today in Germany, so it's taken only three weeks since the store date - obviously still way too slow, but at least this times it's here before the next issue is out.

Postage label says that this time it was routed through Budapest, Hungary...
Oh, that's nice. Can you tell them please to stop by my house by any chance, because it's pretty cool that actual RG magazines passing through my country but me living there only received one (1) since last April...

Also, is there any living, valid e-mail address where I can write my hatemails about this fucked up, messed up shitfest? The previous one (retrogamer@servicehelpline.co.uk) doesn't seem to work for me. Or I got blacklisted, again.

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:20 pm

BenyoBoy wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:07 pm
Also, is there any living, valid e-mail address where I can write my hatemails about this fucked up, messed up shitfest? The previous one (retrogamer@servicehelpline.co.uk) doesn't seem to work for me. Or I got blacklisted, again.
I think that's the one from way back when Imagine was still alive, so no surprise that it won't work these days anymore.

As for another possibilibity, take a look at this link:

https://www.facebook.com/RetroGamerUK/p ... 9343166705

And yes, I also wondered why something like this was posted only there and not in the forum, let alone this thrad here.

antsbull

Post by antsbull » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:09 pm

RG 178 subscription just showed up in New Zealand on Friday for me - the first sub issue that has made it to me for over 3 months!

Zedrick

Post by Zedrick » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:26 pm

Still waiting for #178. The worst thing about this is seeing it at my local newsagent for 3+ weeks. Walking by day after day and not being able to read it, because I'm a lousy subscriber.

lavalyte

Post by lavalyte » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:09 am

178 still not arrived for me in Melbourne.
'I have nothing but the greatest respect for other peoples' crackpot beliefs' - Sam The Eagle.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:26 am

None of this makes any sense whatsoever. There's no pattern or consistency

simke

Post by simke » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:17 am

Received Issue 178 today, 21st March, in Brisbane, Australia. In fact got 2 copies of it - I'm assuming one was sent as a replacement for issue 177, which I asked for a day before issue 177 turned up in my mailbox at the end of February. Regardless, Im all up to date now up to and including 178.
Last one turned up on 22nd of Feb, so at least looks like there is some consistency around date of arrival. Interesting that both copies of 178 that I got today were sent from Hungary (at least that was the return address on packagings).