Tracking lateness

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

lavalyte

Tracking lateness

Post by lavalyte » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:33 am

This is not a snipe, but I thought it might be useful to track lateness of delivery for overseas issues.

I suggest when you recieve an issue, you post the date receieved, issue number, country and region so we have some hard data on delivery problems.
'I have nothing but the greatest respect for other peoples' crackpot beliefs' - Sam The Eagle.

kiwimike

Re: Tracking lateness

Post by kiwimike » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:45 am

I think that's an excellent idea, and it's not a snipe at all- It will be good reference to know how long issues are taking.

The previous one I ordered was surprisingly quick, however, I have had issues since future have taken over and this last issue seems to be going back to old ways. I have kept the original order email confirmation so will post when ordered to when received :)

subscriptions

Post by subscriptions » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:38 am

This is a great idea folks,

Fill this up with any issues that arrive late, any repeat offenders will be investigated our end

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:14 pm

It would probably be useful to have one UK subscriber post a delivery date for each current issue as well, just for the stats to compare against overseas.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:26 am

lavalyte wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:33 am
I suggest when you recieve an issue, you post the date receieved, issue number, country and region so we have some hard data on delivery problems.
You could also add/edit when your newsagents gets their issue?

antsbull

Post by antsbull » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:45 am

Good idea - I'm in New Zealand and still haven't received anything since early December (missing issues 176 and 177), and have had no luck trying to re-order from myfavoritemagainzes either, it always just says that its not possible when I select the issue.

Issue 177 is out for air-freighted retailers in Melbourne, where I am at the moment (for work), arrived on 05/Feb.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:07 am

Okay- I ordered the last issue on Jan26th, and got a dispatched email on Jan 30th. So we will see how long that takes via international post to New Zealand.

***Edited add on***- Arrived today, Saturday sept 17th. All things considered, that's actually not bad and an improvement.

...Incidently, a CD arrived today from an Amazon UK seller as well- I had been refunded for it, not sure where it has been but it took just under three months to arrive :lol:
Last edited by kiwimike on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lavalyte

Post by lavalyte » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:17 am

Issue 177 arrived, Melbourne Aust, 14/02.
'I have nothing but the greatest respect for other peoples' crackpot beliefs' - Sam The Eagle.

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:44 am

I envy you guys, delivery of issue #177 to Germany is taking extraordinarily long this time round - i.e. it's still not here (I've talked with 3 others still waiting, so not just a problem for me). But today the current issue of Edge (which went on sale a week later) arrived, so... yay, I guess?

Update: Monday, Feb 19 - still not here
Last edited by Weblaus on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:49 pm

Weblaus wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:44 am
I envy you guys, delivery of issue #177 to Germany is taking extraordinarily long this time round - i.e. it's still not here (I've talk with 3 others still waiting, so not just a problem for me). But today the current issue of Ede (which went on sale a week later) arrived, so... yay, I guess?
I feel for you, no way should we be getting them first before you guys at the bottom of the world.

The delivery does seem to be all over the place. Before Future it was consistent and fast, but to be fair I have notice international post has got dreadful in the past year, and not just Future products.

This latest delivery came in a single thin bag, so they seem to be experimenting with different delivery packaging as well. I would also make an assumption their dispatch staff are a skeleton crew judging by the time from order to dispatch.

simke

Post by simke » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:23 am

Got my Issue 177 today, 20th Feb, Brisbane Australia

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:39 am

Well...

Tuesday, Feb 20: Still not here for everyone I know in Germany.

By far the longest it's taken yet and clearly not an isolated problem, this really is disappointing :(

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:49 am

https://www.helloclue.com/

Edit; Maybe I should read the post first, next time...

tokra

Post by tokra » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:36 pm

Weblaus wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:39 am
Well...

Tuesday, Feb 20: Still not here for everyone I know in Germany.

By far the longest it's taken yet and clearly not an isolated problem, this really is disappointing :(
Still waiting in Germany myself. Good to see I'm not the only one. Delivery to Germany has always been very poor. Usually magazines arrive 3 weeks after publish date, but now it's 4 weeks without the issue in our hands... This was bad when Imagine was delivering and has not improved with Future.

I can understand 2-3 weeks to Australia, but not 4 weeks in todays world from UK to Germany. That is just pissing off your customers. I have mentioned this a few times to customer service, but never got any real answer to the underlying problem. They just don't seem to care.

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:29 am

tokra wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:36 pm

Still waiting in Germany myself. Good to see I'm not the only one. Delivery to Germany has always been very poor. Usually magazines arrive 3 weeks after publish date, but now it's 4 weeks without the issue in our hands... This was bad when Imagine was delivering and has not improved with Future.

I can understand 2-3 weeks to Australia, but not 4 weeks in todays world from UK to Germany. That is just pissing off your customers. I have mentioned this a few times to customer service, but never got any real answer to the underlying problem. They just don't seem to care.
I think it's safe to say nobody in Germany has received the issue yet - I've asked half a dozen people by now and none of them has it. And judging from what I've just read on Facebook, other countries like Italy seem to nhave the very same problem and sometimes even worse.

The restriction that customers can request a replacement copy just once every 6 months really is another slap in the face given that as it is right now, it seems more likely that more issues will go missing/undelivered than the other way round.