Best renewal offer for US subscribers?

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Mauricio

Best renewal offer for US subscribers?

Post by Mauricio » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:54 pm

Hey folks,

Back when the magazine was published by Imagine, there was a coupon code for renewing Retro Gamer that made the annual rate £50, or about $65. The current 40% off offer is $93. What is the best offer we are likely to see for renewals? Over the holidays, I don't think there was anything better than the current offer, and I suspect we may not see an offer as good as the Imagine coupon code. My subscription is not due for renewal for a while yet, but I would like to renew it at the best possible time. Thanks!

thegamesnotoveryet

Re: Best renewal offer for US subscribers?

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:10 pm

Mauricio wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:54 pm
Hey folks,

Back when the magazine was published by Imagine, there was a coupon code for renewing Retro Gamer that made the annual rate £50, or about $65. The current 40% off offer is $93. What is the best offer we are likely to see for renewals? Over the holidays, I don't think there was anything better than the current offer, and I suspect we may not see an offer as good as the Imagine coupon code. My subscription is not due for renewal for a while yet, but I would like to renew it at the best possible time. Thanks!
Yeah, I would like to know about this as well. I thought I saw here(or on social media) awhile back someone asked a similar question, and I thought there was a code offered that matched the £50 Imagine offer(code: CLASSIC), but was good at Future instead. I'm not due to renew for awhile, but I would like to know what the best discount offer is also.

I've been using the CLASSIC code for that price since I first started subscribing ages ago, and the price offered was the main reason why. It sure would suck if that offer is no longer possible, as then I would have to rethink subscribing based on what the current rates may be. While not all my issues arrive in the best condition, I'm normally OK with that due to the BIG savings offered. So depending on the best deals when it comes time to renew, I may go back to buying locally, if the price difference isn't that much more.

Mauricio

Post by Mauricio » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:38 pm

Any updates on this? Right now (today) there is 24% off, and with a two year subscription that is almost as good as the old Imagine offer.

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:34 pm

Mauricio wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:38 pm
Any updates on this? Right now (today) there is 24% off, and with a two year subscription that is almost as good as the old Imagine offer.
Yeah, the old codes no longer work, and as you can see, no one in the know ever replied here so your pretty much left with the best deal you can find at the time. The long term deal is always best, but then your locked in for 2 years, so enter at your own risk. LOL But that for sure seems the best deal your currently going to get, or at least that I have seen.