Delivery and subscription renewal issues

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Boulder

Delivery and subscription renewal issues

Post by Boulder » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:00 pm

Is there really nothing that could be done about the European delivery issues we are seeing all the time? Issue 174 was out on November 3rd I think, and I'm still waiting for my subscribed magazine to arrive in Finland. Once again, it takes about 5 days for anything to arrive from the UK using any standard mail. So where the heck is the delay here?

Despite this, I decided to renew my subscription by using the Black Friday discount code but the renewal page does not open. It's been like this since Friday. I already have my suspicion that the renewal will be a pain in the a** because of the Future/Imagine thing and of course, my old login details don't work at favouritemagazines.co.uk.

subscriptions

Re: Delivery and subscription renewal issues

Post by subscriptions » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:56 am

Morning Boulder,

Couple of things to look in to with this one.

At the present time, I do believe the time for overseas delivery is around 4-6 weeks. I am having chats with the relevant people to see if this can be shortened. I completely understand the frustrations with the long delivery time, so I am doing what I can do to help out you overseas subscribers.

With regards to your old login details not working there are a couple of things happening. Behind the scenes, there is a huge migration of data happening to transfer everyone from their Imagine accounts over to the new Future accounts. If you can private message me your details, I will pass them over to my colleagues who are dealing with this. I am heading into a meeting in ten minutes about this migration, as this keeps on happening, so I will telling certain people to get their fingers out of certain holes. If you subscribers aren't happy, I am not happy.

Boulder

Post by Boulder » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:08 am

Well, the "sea" between the UK and the mainland Europe shouldn't be the problem here :mrgreen: Previously everything was sent from the Netherlands if I remember correctly. A 2-week delay was the maximum then.

Thank you for your offer, I'll contact you via PM.

Boulder

Post by Boulder » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:42 pm

Well, the magazine arrived today, but https://imagine.subscribeonline.co.uk/login is still dead it seems. So no Black Friday discounts this year to returning customers :?:

Ronin

Post by Ronin » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:06 am

Everything goes bad with Future Publishing. My Issue 174 is still "missing". Why it takes so long to deliver it ? Also I'm trying to renew my subscription, support are very slow to respond back and forth. Basically the website isn't working for renewals ! Support is not responding to my emails, nobody cares..... I'm trying to give you money here!

subscriptions

Post by subscriptions » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:17 am

Hi all,

You should all be receiving an email by the end of the week explaining what is going on behind the scenes. This email will also detail how to go about your renewal.

Ronin, if you PM me your address, I will send over a spare copy of 174 that I have on my desk.

Sorry that you haven't got any responses from the support team. Again, if you PM me, we can rectify this. As mentioned above, I had a meeting yesterday where I told many, many people in the support team to get their fingers out of their arses and help you guys out. It is a problem that I am aware of, and it is a problem that I am doing my hardest to fix. Like I said if you guys aren't happy I'm not happy.

Ping me a message and we can see what we can do :)

Ronin

Post by Ronin » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:30 pm

Jesus, MyFavoritiemagazine website still isn't working properly. I cant renew my subscription or start a new one. Why it is going so hard with it ?! Every time website is freezing, lost connection or send another error. Why nobody cares about it ???

trueskins

Post by trueskins » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:26 pm

Same here, impossible to renew my subscription

Subscriber Reference Number RET 4643 ( Is it that my subscription number)?

I use it in

https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/RET/RENX/

And doesn't work.....

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:08 am

The website seems unable to marry my old account with an Edge subscription with the "new" (implicit) RG one from the merger.

subscriptions

Post by subscriptions » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:11 am

Leave this to me, guys.

Chasing on answers as to what is going on here.

Once I know more I will come back to you all.

subscriptions

Post by subscriptions » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:29 am

Morning all,

Just spoken to a couple of colleagues about this.

At the present time, there is a migration of data happening. Everyone on the old Imagine data list (those who have subscriber numbers RET XXXX) are being transferred over to the new Future data list. To do this we have had to change all your subscriber numbers.

You should have all received an email from us on Tuesday which would have given you all your new subscriber numbers etc. and provided details on how to renew.

Now, if you haven't received this email, send me a private message with your name and email address. This is so that I can check it with my list of data and get the relevant person to re-send out the email if need be.

Boulder

Post by Boulder » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:15 am

I can confirm that I received the email and subscribing an extension worked fine this morning. I was happy to see that the quarterly extension is now also available outside the UK.

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:42 pm

"you're coming close to the end of your Retro Gamer subscription"
So I went to the web site and renewed. In the mail today I find: "Start issue: Your subscription will start with issue ISSUE 184 (on sale on or around 09.08.2018)."
Interesting view on close to end...

So I now have two different subscriber numbers from my RG sub, both of which are different from my Edge number, and when I try to "Add subscription" I get:
"Sorry, we can't match your information with our records, please call customer services."
No thanks, you please fix your internal plumbing.