Retro Gamer - ISSUE 174.

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

ely

Re: Retro Gamer - ISSUE 174.

Post by ely » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:10 pm

Also on the subject of the swearing on the cover. Honestly, I don't understand why people get so worked up about this stuff. It's not even the actual word. Belgium!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:38 pm

ely wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:09 pm
paranoid marvin wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:21 pm
Wasn't there a silver label SR one?
Not according to the article, unless the SR "silver label" range is different from the normal SR range. I'm no expect though, I never owned a Spectrum and I just read the article last night.
There was no Sinclair release of Tranz Am on cassette, only cartridge.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Tom_Baker

Post by Tom_Baker » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:06 pm

Rygar..splendidly covered.

C64 version got off lightly.

Xbox..Edge Equip detailed the origins of years ago, so won't be spending huge amount of time on..even as a Time Lord..

Star Paws next my loves..

Hmm..Reskinned Games..no mention of Crazy Jet Racer (Probe) turning into Dan Dare III..would of made for a nice Micro addition to add to Console games mentioned..

But never thy mind..great article none the less..

smila

Post by smila » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:04 pm

As much as iv'e loved the mag over the years the 80's retro i want to see isn't a big part of it anymore.
Time to leave it for the xbox/ps1/ps2 generation.
Cheers for the awesome ride fellas ;)
god created the sid chip so hubbard could make music

merman

Post by merman » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:27 pm

Tom_Baker wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:06 pm
Rygar..splendidly covered.

C64 version got off lightly.

Xbox..Edge Equip detailed the origins of years ago, so won't be spending huge amount of time on..even as a Time Lord..

Star Paws next my loves..

Hmm..Reskinned Games..no mention of Crazy Jet Racer (Probe) turning into Dan Dare III..would of made for a nice Micro addition to add to Console games mentioned..

But never thy mind..great article none the less..
I did mention that in my Making of Dan Dare article a while back. Glad you liked the article.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Ryan GH

Post by Ryan GH » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:27 pm

Its finally good to see xbox coverage in the magazine as it really brings back some great memories. Lets see playstation 2 coverage as well as it is by far my favourite console of all time!!!
And yes, they are retro! Let s not forget that when Retro Gamer first came to be, they had Dreamcast coverage in the magazine even though it had only been a few years since Dreamcast's time had passed. The xbox and PS2 faded away in about 2006. 11 long years ago......

rinzwind

Post by rinzwind » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:54 pm

Least interesting magazine since a long time. Xbox mwew... cover? Uhm ignore it. 3 times the word xbox. Atari 2600, too primitive to leave an impression. I just glimpsed into it. Normally I want to read more and kind of excited to read more later. But now? Mweeh...

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:04 pm

Found the Xbox article quite interesting which was a surprise. Quite a lot of good articles in this one. Haven't dig into Toonstruck or Conkers yet but I've read more in this issue then I have in a long time. Good job.

PSN username - MartinPhantom

senzer

Post by senzer » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:53 am

What's with the nintendo shilling this ish? It was ok during the snes mini due to the super play ish, but 100% to mario odyssey and then a gushing advertorial piece about samus returns? The cheapo paper is disappointing too, will you ever go back to something better? The added content is nice i suppose, but the filler inbetween interviews isn't as good as it was in all honesty.

No pc gamer in the year 2000 flashbacks? That has some of the strongest reviews of all future gaming mags.

And can we get a time bandit feature too? Atari st one would be my pick.

Also any chance of getting content from jonathan davis, zy nicholson, jason brooks (etc)? Zy nicholson talking about gaming is always worth reading

antsbull

Post by antsbull » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:20 pm

senzer wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:53 am
What's with the nintendo shilling this ish? It was ok during the snes mini due to the super play ish, but 100% to mario odyssey and ...
Edge also gave it a perfect score as did IGN and many other gaming publications. I can't see how that is shilling?

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:13 pm

Is it me or was there a kind of editorial shift of direction in this issue?
The articles seemed longer than usual? And the 2600 one was originally meant as a cover feature?

And I was reminded why I would like to see M$ six feet under.