A Question for Subscribers (magazines now sent out damaged?)

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Weblaus

Re: A Question for Subscribers (magazines now sent out damaged?)

Post by Weblaus » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:57 pm

Not completely related to the damage issue, but since Mr. Subscriptions Person is active in this thread, I feel like it's a good place to put a quite urgent question here:

As a subscriber who purchased his active subscription through the old www.imaginesubs.co.uk site - how/where can I access my account these days?

On the "your account" login page on myfavouritemagazines there's a note with a link that indeed worked until a short while ago, but when you try to go there now, it immediately redirects to myfavouritemagaztines instead.

So while my current subscription is hopefully still working as it is supposed to, right now I have no working way to e.g. look up my details or change delivery address - surely this still must somehow be possible.

I sincerely hope that's just a temporary problem? Please let me know what's up with this!

subscriptions

Post by subscriptions » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:43 am

Morning Mr. Weblaus,

If you head to this page: https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/youraccount you should be able to log in and access all your details.

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:09 pm

Hi Mark, (found that out after posting thanks to your other posts, clever me ;)

I wish that were the case, but it isn't the solution for my specific problem: I can log in there fine, but that only shows my subscriptions (I have one for Edge, for example) and back issues ordered from Future.

But my current Retro Gamer subscription was pruchased and paid for at the end of 2016 when Imagine was still publisher of the magazine, so it is not listed there - I also can't add it manually, as I'd need a "Subscription number: (10 digits, starting 480 or 481)" according to the form. And of course I don't have one because Imagine was using a different numbering system.

I'll refer you again to the note posted on the lower right of the page your URL is referring to - that would be fine it if was still valid:

"*Please note, if you purchased a subscription on www.imaginesubs.co.uk you will need to go here to renew your subscription/view your account."

With "here" being a link to https://imagine.subscribeonline.co.uk/login - but that has stopped working now as apparently the site has been finally shut down? Instead is is only forwarding me back again to the "Your Account" page, so I'm basically running in virtual circles.

So to sum it up again: I have a Retro Gamer subscription I ordered from Imagine thathas 8 or 9 issues remaining (can't look up the exact end date right now; I think you're seeing the issue) and up until issue 173 all have arrived so far (waiting on the current one, as delivery to Germany has become much slower since Future took over). But I can't access my details now because it doesn't show up on my Future account and the Imagine account isn't accessible any more - so there's no way for me to e.g. change the delivery address or request a replacement issue.

Please get this sorted out, as I think it's quite important. I know a few other subscribers who are essentially in the same position, one of them even just renewed his subcription just a few days ago when it was apparently still working.

subscriptions

Post by subscriptions » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:36 pm

Weblaus has PM'd me about this,

If anyone else has any issues of this nature, please message me.

Thanks

Major Havoc

Post by Major Havoc » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:56 am

Many thanks to Mark and the presence of 'BMM' for solving this one. :D

I'll let you know how subsequent issues arrive, but I doubt the problem was ever the plastic ties bundling them together. With the 2 inch diagonal score marks in pretty much the same place on each cover, I've always pictured a mechanical arm at the production plant as it either attaches the cover itself to the magazine or grabs and moves the issue proper from one piece of machinery to another.

Nothing a little BMM can't cure by the sounds of things. :wink:

subscriptions

Post by subscriptions » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:42 am

Interesting you should say that because I thought it was something similar!

I will have to have a chat with the printing house about it. If there is a robot arm doing some of the work, I need to see pictures of it (robots are cool) and I will need proof that there aren't any possibilities of it going Skynet on our arses.

But yeah, just keep up the chatter and let me know if the problems come back!

Major Havoc

Post by Major Havoc » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 pm

Just to say that my subscription issues of Retro Gamer 175 & 176 both arrived in superb condition, so may thanks to 'Big Manager Man' and all concerned for keeping things back on track and a belated Happy New Year to you all.

Now I have a Retro Gamer calendar to go with my Crash 2018 one. :wink:

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:14 am

LOL - I'm sure there are many members thinking the same!

You should show them a screenshot of the last couple of posts in your next 1-1 meeting.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

Major Havoc

Post by Major Havoc » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:17 pm

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:20 pm

Same damn scratch as people showed before...

https://imgur.com/a/vaRQd

Anyone else get this still? Something in one of the printing lines is knackered, when it happens, it's always in the same place.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

Solegor

Post by Solegor » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:59 am

It's probably from your mailman or maybe mail sorting centre. I've never seen this type of scratch... Though my mailman also is not the gentlest type) almost always get some damage on the binding even some tearing.

Starlight

Post by Starlight » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:25 am

I have had this too on one or two of them, but i had assumed it was a crease. :S
SEGA, Falcom and "Niche" Nintendo fan

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:46 pm

No, it was a recurring issue for subscribers, much discussed, with the defect appearing identical across varying regions, ruling out the likelihood of it being a post printing issue. If it were the postal services, they are incredibly organised in communicating exactly how and where they'd damage issues to maintain consistency to throw us off the scent.

Either the printers sorted out the problem after the investigation that was carried out and the problem part needs maintenance again, or the posties held off for months, knowing they were prime suspects, and have just been caught out..

Or Illuminati!?
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Arnie

Post by Arnie » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:08 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:46 pm
If it were the postal services, they are incredibly organised in communicating exactly how and where they'd damage issues to maintain consistency to throw us off the scent.
I have to admit I'd be pretty impressed if they were.