Are US subscriptions now being shipped from within the US? Shipping speed VERY slow. Packaging flimsy.

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

thegamesnotoveryet

Re: Are US subscriptions now being shipped from within the US? Shipping speed VERY slow. Packaging flimsy.

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:57 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:17 pm
thegamesnotoveryet wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:28 am
markopoloman wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:00 pm
No response in this thread from anyone to do with FUTURE publishing. Surely the export market is a HUGE part of the mags growth - hence the fact you guys n gals stop us getting a Christmas cover!

There should be some form of comfort from a Future employee to publicly state something is being done about the shocking treatment of our friends overseas....
Sadly, contacting them directly can take 2-6 days to get a reply, and then when they do, it's pretty much a useless gesture. Based on that alone, I would expect zero involvement here, as that would require even more work on their part, and that doesn't seem to be much of a concern.

I've dealt with many forms of customer service over the years from many different companies, offering many different products and services. And the CS here is just about the worst I've come across, with GameStop here in the states maybe being the only one that is worse. When companies merge, or one is bought out over another, there are often "growing pains", and that is to be expected. But when you can't give a simple comment that things are being worked on, or that delays may happen due to the recent changes, it speaks volumes of the type of business your dealing with.
Who are you contacting? Any complaints we receive are passed on to customer service. If I see any issues here I let the relevant department know. I was under the impression Helen on subs had been dealing with your requests.
Hey Darran, thanks for forwarding my issues to Helen, as she sent me a message about a week ago, but I guess since my account is new, I didn't have it set to alert me of PM's. As far as CS goes, they always replay(I use the email you provided here for cs issues), but the time can vary, and when they do reply, it's a "sorry about that" blanket statemnt, that never answers the specific questions I ask.

Anyway, my 167 just arrived a few days ago, so I told Helen a replacement wasn't needed. And it looks like 168 is arriving for some in the states, so it appears whatever issues where going on may have been corrected. But if I have any further issues, I will just contact Helen directly, and hopefully she can correct and address any problems first hand. Thanks again for the help, and your contributions to Retro Gamer.

markopoloman

Re: Are US subscriptions now being shipped from within the US? Shipping speed VERY slow. Packaging flimsy.

Post by markopoloman » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:02 am

Hooray! Looks like it is all turning good for you guys then. :D
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:32 pm

I'm still waiting on my #168 to arrive here in the US, have there been anymore arrivals for anyone who are not located on the east coast(midwest-west coast)? My last two issues seem to have arrived about 1-2 weeks after those on the other side of the country.

Not a big deal so long as they show up at some point, but it makes me wonder if my issues are just being shipped later than others, as 1-2 weeks is beyond slow even for USPS. I do believe the "flats" rate which is what many magazines are shipped by, is even slower than media mail, so that could also be the issue as well.

Jet Pilot

Post by Jet Pilot » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:59 am

The quality overseas shipping continues.
Attachments
IMG_3722.JPG
IMG_3722.JPG (1.75 MiB) Viewed 256 times
PSN ID: JetPiIot (the "L" in pilot is actually a capital "i")

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:29 am

WOW, that's pretty bad. I may have gotten one issue that was that bad, and it was probably the first one I asked to have a replacement sent for, as normally I'll accept a certain degree of damage, but that renders the magazine pretty much not readable.

Jet Pilot

Post by Jet Pilot » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:31 am

thegamesnotoveryet wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:29 am
WOW, that's pretty bad. I may have gotten one issue that was that bad, and it was probably the first one I asked to have a replacement sent for, as normally I'll accept a certain degree of damage, but that renders the magazine pretty much not readable.
The did stick a replacement in the mail. I'm just concerned because the current trend with the shipping changes are disappointing.

Aaron707

Post by Aaron707 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:14 pm

I am also in the USA and just received issue 169 (Virtua Fighter yay!!) it appears to have been printed or cut incorrectly as the entire magazine is skewed to one side. Also the tops of the pages are still stuck together. And last there is information missing from the tops and bottoms of the pages. Did I get a reject copy? I miss the quality of the magazines printed in the UK.
Attachments
image1.JPG
image1.JPG (835.43 KiB) Viewed 223 times

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:02 am

I've had one like that in the UK, though it was years ago. Just one of those things.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

subscriptions

Post by subscriptions » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:41 am

Aaron707 wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:14 pm
I am also in the USA and just received issue 169 (Virtua Fighter yay!!) it appears to have been printed or cut incorrectly as the entire magazine is skewed to one side. Also the tops of the pages are still stuck together. And last there is information missing from the tops and bottoms of the pages. Did I get a reject copy? I miss the quality of the magazines printed in the UK.
Please PM me your details and I'll get a replacement copy sent out :)

Thanks for sharing the photo. I'll send this over to our production team to look at as never seen this happen before

Thanks

Helen
Subscriptions Department

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:02 pm

Aaron707 wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:14 pm
Yeah, that's a printing mishap, as I've seen many different examples of that over the years. It's like anything run on an assembly line, as the machines are printing, cutting, etc, and often after a certain time you may get an issue with these problems. Something like this should have been caught, but I have no idea what their quality control measures may be, or if they even have any. I'm also pretty sure, these are only shipped within the US, but not printed here(see upper right corner of the UPC label).

BTW, where are you located within the US? As I've noticed most east coast users get their issues way before me on the west coast. But my issue 168 never arrived at all. So I'm hoping my 169 shows up soon, and gets me back on track. My subscription used to show up about 3 weeks after it was released, so it does appear that some in the US are getting copies within that time frame, but I haven't gotten one yet since Future took over, so my fingers are crossed for now.

Aaron707

Post by Aaron707 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:26 am

PM Sent to Subscriptions with my info. Thanks for helping get a replacement!!
I am on the west coast in the very northern part of California right below Oregon. I received issue 167 but no 168, likely due to my subscription renewal occurring too late to get in for that issue. Delivery has never been fast for me so if it was, that is a first.

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:01 am

Surprise, Surprise, my 169 actually showed up today. So about 3-4 weeks from launch, which is a little longer than the norm, but getting better.

Sadly, it arrived with a few rips and tears, so I'm going to request a replacement. But it did arrive in a decent time this month, maybe even before Barnes & Nobles got it, as I was there over the weekend, and they still had 168 on the shelves.

Jet Pilot

Post by Jet Pilot » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:39 am

Another issue showed up damaged today...170. Not liking how Future is handling quality-control of the magazine. Subscribed to the magazine for 5 years under Imagine and never more than just a minor scuff here or there. Of the last 3 issues I've received since the switchover to Future, 2 have had significant damage.
IMG_7352.JPG
IMG_7352.JPG (2 MiB) Viewed 116 times

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:58 am

I ordered some bookazines last month, yikes I forgot how painfully slow their delivery is :lol: It does seem particularly extreme as Imagine was just SO good in delivery speed and packing. I'm guessing still another week away at least

Ryan GH

Post by Ryan GH » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:27 am

It hasn't been bad for me for some reason, I live further away in Perth, Australia. They tend to arrive just a week or two after the news-agency gets their airfreight expensive copies....
No damage to them at all.