Suddenly having problems receiving new issues! :(

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Ryan GH

Re: Suddenly having problems receiving new issues! :(

Post by Ryan GH » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:42 am

Mine arrived today but I'm australian....

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:03 am

That's ok, we won't judge you for that. Glad the issue arrived ;)
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:03 am

Ryan GH wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:42 am
Mine arrived today but I'm australian....
Well, 3 weeks after release to Australia ain't bad, so let's see if mine shows up soon(fingers crossed).

Ryan GH

Post by Ryan GH » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:19 am

I was thinking the same thing. I'm quite happy with a 3 week wait. I also subscribe to EDGE and Games tm. I tend to get EDGE in just 2 weeks while games tm can take up to 4 weeks or so. Retro Gamer can sometimes take longer than 3 weeks so I'm hoping they have found a way to get it to me faster. :P

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:30 am

Well, the last issue I had arrive with no problems was #165, as everything else has been rather janky since then.

My #166 appeared to not be coming, so I had a replacement sent, which arrived water damaged. So I bought one at retail, only to have my subscription copy show up 2 months after it was released.

Next, I bought #167 straight away, as I wanted to try and get both covers, and I had no idea if and when mine would ever arrive. Now, 2 weeks after receiving my subscription 166, my 167 arrived(6 weeks after being released), which amazingly was the other cover I needed, so that worked out well.

So now at 6 plus weeks, still no #168 as for my subscription, but Helen was gracious enough to send me a replacement after waiting 1 month, which arrived 1 week after having been sent out. So my 168 may still arrive, but my wait times have been all over the map, and while I though it was getting better with #167, that doesn't seem to be the case(at least not yet anyway).

Boulder

Post by Boulder » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:05 pm

It seems that Finland is really now suffering from the crappy delivery times. I just got an email advertising the latest issue "which will be arriving soon". I looked at the cover and it didn't look familiar at all, and I'm not surprised because even the previous issue has not arrived yet and it's out since three weeks now! Hell, I bought some bookazines via eBay and I got them in five days using Standard Royal Mail..

quantum

Post by quantum » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:44 am

I've not received the last 2 issues after having no subs issues for years. WTF? New UK supplier? :twisted:

How about a game screenshot quiz? Amiga, DOS, Megadrive and Commodore 64.