From The Forum issue 159 - Codemasters

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

paranoid marvin

Re: From The Forum issue 159 - Codemasters

Post by paranoid marvin » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:51 pm

ATV Simulator on the Speccy - for the 'Amazing Realism!', 'Incredible Playability!', and the fact it was better than the port we got of Kikstart.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

stvd

Post by stvd » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:02 pm

The Codemasters game I played most, by an absolute mile, on any gen, would be Professional Snooker Simulator on the Spectrum.
Apart from a terrible bug where a specific break would reset the machine. :evil:

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:25 pm

G Man on the Commodore 16 remember Ma buying it for me.. Codemasters never released that many C16 games but G Man and Terra cognittia where fabbo.. Still load G Man up on the old faithful and finish it..

Also liked playing Ghost Hunters and Robin Hood on my Friends Amstrad.. Not a fan of there recent stuff only IPhone Dizzy Prince of the Yolk Folk
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

kaiserspike

Post by kaiserspike » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:11 pm

It has to be the MUSIC series, hours and hours piled into creating dodgy 90's techno/jungle tracks. Still have them on a memory card somewhere....
Destiny!.... you cannot destroy my destiny!

Whazeboo

Post by Whazeboo » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:50 pm

Ninja Massacre on the C64. At the time I played this enjoyable little game a lot without knowing it was actually a clone of a certain game known as Gauntlet.

tapmantwo

Post by tapmantwo » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:07 pm

I had a lot of love for CJ Elephant Antics on C64 when I was a kid - really appealed to me as a kid and at pocket money prices too. Since then though, Micro Machines V3 on the PSX is probably my favourite - such a great party game, lots of fun with that one.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:39 am

Micro Machines V3 - even though I played it almost entirely by myself, which you'd think was missing the point, I had endless fun with the weapons and imaginatively designed courses

skinny

Post by skinny » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:06 pm

TOCA and Colin McRae Rally - when the first ones in the series came out they really were revolutionary as far as racing games were concerned. I loved the Rally School in the first CMR game with Colin's instructions and comments - "Try to remember it's not your car!"

TheDude18

Post by TheDude18 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:05 am

I so wanted to pick a game from the 'absolutely excellent' 8 bit era or even Overlord: Dark Legend on the Wii as I hadn't heard of it until last week (bought for a quid) But like others, I'm going to have to pick GRID. A perfect balance of arcade and sim with each car feeling uniquely different to one another, some fantastic tracks and the brilliant rewind function when you crash, which gives you the incentive to push the car to the absolute limit. Loved playing online too bar the odd player who would end up having a bad lap, turn the car around and turn the race into a destruction derby.