Future acquire Imagine

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Gibberish Driftwood

Re: Future acquire Imagine

Post by Gibberish Driftwood » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:52 pm

Ok. Hopefully everything will turn out well.
Ken sent me.
Do the Kirby dance: (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')>

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:55 pm

Gibberish Driftwood wrote:A while back Future shut down all their messageboards(Sfx, Total Film etc).
Is the same gonna happen to this forum?
I would be so bummed if that happened. :(
A few months ago I said if the forum is taken down I will build my own if people wanted it, a promise I stand by.

I hope I never need to, but my money and my mouth will share a location if needs be.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:20 pm

Well they haven't bothered to put their own logo at the top of the forum yet...is there secretly NO NEED for it?!?
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:35 pm

flatapex wrote:
Gibberish Driftwood wrote:A while back Future shut down all their messageboards(Sfx, Total Film etc).
A few months ago I said if the forum is taken down I will build my own if people wanted it, a promise I stand by.

I hope I never need to, but my money and my mouth will share a location if needs be.
you already did that didn't you?

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:13 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:
flatapex wrote:

you already did that didn't you?
Retrocanteen, right?
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:58 pm

Just standby, don't create otherwise it will be a self fulfilling prophecy. Sounds like you already get that though!
Xbox Live: RetroBob

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:21 pm

Retrocanteen, right?
think it was that, quite a few of us registered and were posting on there for a week or so

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:43 pm

The 'quick link' at the top of this page to the imagine shop is gone. Not a big deal, I just use to use it to zip straight from the forum to the shop to buy a new out mag or bookazine. I use the site often so it pops up anyway, just seems a shame to lose that quick link for forum browsers

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:11 am

The imagine shop is now gone- it is moving to the 'my favourite magazines' site of future.

Considering this forum has 'Imagine' written on the top, may we ask what the future of the forum might be, if it is safe from deletion etc? :)

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:35 am

I've heard nothing to suggest the forum is being deleted. I'd imagine it will be rebranded at one stage though.

Nikolai

Post by Nikolai » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:40 pm

The new iPad app has its ups and downs. Slick look, I love that I'm not sent to the front page of the mag I'm reading when reopening the app anymore. But boy is the app much slower than before the update! My iPad 2 is old, but it has worked fine for my only remaining use for it; reading RetroGamer's back issues and getting my subscription on it. Now the app freezes often and the pages get all fuzzy and unreadable for a few seconds quite often. :(

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:37 pm

Do Future have any Forums for any other mags? I can't find any - only horrible comments sections after articles.
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Sabreman64

Post by Sabreman64 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:11 pm

Well, I can't say that I'm too impressed with the stocks of (formerly) Imagine magazines that Future now have on the MyFavouriteMagazines site. I've checked a few (formerly) Imagine mags I have subscriptions to, such as Retro Gamer, Games TM, How It Works and All About Space, and the only back issues available are the last one or two issues. It used to be on the Imagine shop site that there were back issues going back a few years, and for the issues that were sold out, you could buy digital versions. The digital versions are gone now too, as far as I can tell. I can only assume that Future destroyed huge stocks of Imagine mag back issues some time in the last few months. Fortunately, I own virtually every back issue of all Imagine mags I have an interest in. But it must be annoying for people who are just discovering some former Imagine mags and are now unable to buy all those back issues.

So, to sum up:

Old Imagine online shop = excellent

Stock of former Imagine mags now available on MyFavouriteMagazines site = rubbish

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:17 am

I know it's frustrating that you can't buy certain back issues but they are in the process of moving over. The set-ups that are in place are completely different and the stock has to be moved as well but you will be able to buy back issues of older issues (if they are still in stock of course) very soon.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:36 am

Hope it's the same for bookazines- Was plugging the Atari one on a FB page then realised it was removed from availability :lol: And was saying it was up to the third revision of it...got everyone keen, and it disappeared! As did quite a few that were still available. So hoping they reappear soon :)