Future acquire Imagine

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

NorthWay

Re: Future acquire Imagine

Post by NorthWay » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:29 pm

Future will be right tits and major idiots if they raze the forum and web site!

Having said that... can we hope for some higher quality paper under Future?

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:26 pm

markopoloman wrote:
flatapex wrote:If....ok bigger one needed

if

the forum was to be ditched, then I promise this.......

I would build a new forum for us all to go to, it won't be fancy, but I will do it.

and you can take that to the bank
I'd get it set up now then! last time we lost the forum - it just went. Not saying it will happen but Future seem to like killing off good things.
Its only a couple of hours work for a basic one, more complex ones take longer but graphics are not my strong point, plus I would spend time on stability

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:38 pm

you are all very welcome over at Retro Video Gamer to take up the ball if Future decide on the axe of this fourm, but I fear it wouldn't be in their best interests to censored off the regulars and subscribers by ditching the very place they come to do, to discuss the magazine etc..

if any of you change your mind, head over here. we are a great bunch of friendly and helpful people over there. Darran your invited too of course! :D
↓↓Click Banners to See More↓↓
ImageImage

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:28 am

Greyfox wrote:you are all very welcome over at Retro Video Gamer to take up the ball if Future decide on the axe of this fourm, but I fear it wouldn't be in their best interests to censored off the regulars and subscribers by ditching the very place they come to do, to discuss the magazine etc..

if any of you change your mind, head over here. we are a great bunch of friendly and helpful people over there. Darran your invited too of course! :D

Thanks for the link. Will certainly check it out. Hopefully nothing happens to this one, but still worth checking out other forums with Kindred spirits :)

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:11 pm

TBH I very rarely use the website, but I come on the forum a few times a week. Maybe we should all start clicking on the adverts, boost the ad analytics!
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:06 pm

Greyfox wrote: if any of you change your mind, head over here. we are a great bunch of friendly and helpful people over there. Darran your invited too of course! :D
Nice to see someone already trying to make the most out of the website's possible closure (if it was to happen)...

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:17 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
Greyfox wrote: if any of you change your mind, head over here. we are a great bunch of friendly and helpful people over there. Darran your invited too of course! :D
Nice to see someone already trying to make the most out of the website's possible closure (if it was to happen)...
no, not all at, it was merely an alternative suggestion and not that of gold digging, as if you read what I had written rather than homing in on the suggestion in a dimmer manner and not as it was intended, it would be very unwise decision to do just that and close the site down, as it bring potential revue to the magazine and publisher alike which is common sense. we have some great stuff to offer over there at RVG and also don't forget these are public forums, it's not like we would be stealing custom. :roll:

We all return here regardless of which forums they've signed up too.
↓↓Click Banners to See More↓↓
ImageImage

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:28 pm

Okay then.

zapiy

Post by zapiy » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:29 pm

Yeah I would not want anyone to join us on the basis that this forum was to close, in fact I would be more than happy to help keep this place running free of charge if it was all down to money. Not why I love retro gaming, just loving being a small cog in the retro scene..

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:30 pm

I've seen plenty of forum shutdowns and if you want to keep your community the most effective way is to move early to a brand spanking new place that's tailor made for the exodus. Anything else chops up the community and leaves everybody all over the place in dribs and drabs or nowhere at all.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:42 pm

The Beans wrote:I've seen plenty of forum shutdowns and if you want to keep your community the most effective way is to move early to a brand spanking new place that's tailor made for the exodus. Anything else chops up the community and leaves everybody all over the place in dribs and drabs or nowhere at all.
Exactly, like Flatapex was planning. That way it's still their forum. Kind of like when the original Edge forum disappeared and became Rllmuk.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:42 pm

My plans are very rough at the minute, possibly to have a similar layout to here.
I am thinking of drafting a forum, storing it as a draft, setting up the site link and routing it to a page telling you that you have the right place but not live yet.

Then if/when things go off here- we publish the site and go live. If you are not on fb or Twitter we might struggle telling you where it is if we don't do this, anyone that wants to set up contingency contact let me know.
There may be mod positions, I will ask for applications if needed.

This hopefully will never be needed, but if it is, rg forum will live on

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:43 am

Greyfox wrote:
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
no, not all at, it was merely an alternative suggestion and not that of gold digging, as if you read what I had written rather than homing in on the suggestion in a dimmer manner and not as it was intended, it would be very unwise decision to do just that and close the site down, as it bring potential revue to the magazine and publisher alike which is common sense. we have some great stuff to offer over there at RVG and also don't forget these are public forums, it's not like we would be stealing custom. :roll:

We all return here regardless of which forums they've signed up too.
I checked out your site/link, and it looks great. And I certainly do not see it as 'swooping on customers' as such. Regardless of what happens here I'l be happy to sign onto this one as well- And can easily visit both :)

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:35 pm

The Beans wrote:I've seen plenty of forum shutdowns and if you want to keep your community the most effective way is to move early to a brand spanking new place that's tailor made for the exodus. Anything else chops up the community and leaves everybody all over the place in dribs and drabs or nowhere at all.
Exodus! We need to build an Ark. A Retro Ark.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:01 pm

greenberet79 wrote:
Exodus! We need to build an Ark. A Retro Ark.
Could everybody please note, when I'm involved in a forced exodus from one forum to a new a forum I like to visualise it as a ragtag fleet of spaceships heading into the unknown Battlestar Galactica stylee. It's so it seems all exciting, rather than just clicking on a new link and registering.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.