Official feedback thread for issue 19

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

andy vaisey

Re:

Post by andy vaisey » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:03 am

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:One thing I have noticed from reading all the feedback (both good and bad) is that a magazine like RG is NEVER going to please all its readers, mainly because everybody seems to want specific things from it.
Well I do believe that applies to all walks of life because us Homo Sapiens are funny creatures and there will always be at least one person who moans about something (some kind of law of physics??).

All I believe is that for the first issue (under Imagine), with time against you, everyone did a great job and things can only get better.

Ash

Re:

Post by Ash » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:15 am

andy vaisey wrote: there will always be at least one person who moans about something (some kind of law of physics??).
Sod's law.

helloall

Ideas for future issues

Post by helloall » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:37 am

Hi Folks,

I wonder if we could have a section about peripherals and accesories.

ie I would like to buy dust covers, replacement joysticks, mice etc

I would like to know where to get them and how good they are.

Also a section on repairs and maintenance, this may already be planned as the refurbishment of pong was in RG19 but I have a broken speccy, 3do and atari at home that I may be able to salvage with a bit of your wisdom :)

Thanks

andy vaisey

Re:

Post by andy vaisey » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:45 am

Ash wrote:
andy vaisey wrote: there will always be at least one person who moans about something (some kind of law of physics??).
Sod's law.
:lol: About right... :wink:

Randall Flagg

Re:

Post by Randall Flagg » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:58 am

andy vaisey wrote: Well I do believe that applies to all walks of life because us Homo Sapiens are funny creatures and there will always be at least one person who moans about something (some kind of law of physics??).
I'm not moaning about it. Like I said, the mags great, i thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I just thought that what I put was slightly more constructive than simply putting down "Great mag".
Retrotechy.
Zapp Brannigan Quote - You remind me of a younger me Fry, Not much younger mind, Perhaps even a little older... Image

NorthWay

Re:

Post by NorthWay » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:28 am

Randall Flagg wrote:
Ash wrote:So you're saying that Retro Gamer should only cover games that you have played?
Not at all, That would be ridiculous. I am saying that there should be additional content from the writer / developer of the game and various other sources so that it also appeals and is of interest to people who didn't play the game.

Its no good reminiscing over a games difficult parts, cut scenes, end of fourth level boss when only a percentage of the readers have actually played it. That means the percentage that haven't played the game have absolutely no idea what the article is all about. I never owned an Amstrad or an MSX but I enjoy reading about how they were developed. Trials and tribulations etc.

Its a case of writing an article so that only a certain percentage of readers can enjoy or adding additional info so everyone can enjoy.
If you forgive me (we all have an AOL card to throw in once in a while?): I AGREE!

I have looked through #19 and (a bit of) #20 and I wonder if there is much less in-depth stuff than "Old RG". Might be that there is simply more stuff and some of it being less in-depth and as such the in-depth percentage feeling lower than the Old (in which case I have little to complain about really).