Game Rage.!

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Thu May 17, 2007 10:30 am

It was getting a bit of an exspensive habit so I have had to cut down, I usually go out and buy one when I want to kill
Watching you sleep since 1990

merman

Post by merman » Thu May 17, 2007 10:33 am

Kicked a wardrobe once, badly bruised a toe during an argument with my brother over whose turn it was next... when my dad broke up the dispute, he sent me on an errand to hand deliver a letter. So I limped off into the sunset... :?
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

neuromancer

Post by neuromancer » Thu May 17, 2007 10:40 am

I'm almost scared to post a reply for fear of being branded psychotic - I'll just note that it's been years since I had a serious destructive bought of computer rage

1. killed my original rubber speccy playing The Hobbit - the game wound me up so much I ripped the Ram Turbo joystick interface out of the back, resulting in a cooked ULA or something equally terminal (nice interesting 'modern art' patterns on the screen when you powered up - nice and dead)

2. Some time later a Speccy+ suffered the indignity of losing the top of the 'H' key whilst proving that Atari CX-40 joysticks are more robust than injection moulded Speccy cases. A few weeks later the Speccy bit the dust after I tried plugging in four different peripherals simultaneously (light pen, joystick interface, Currah microspeech and a printer I think), overloading the power supply and cooking something (again). Luckily for the machine the repair included a new keyboard so the Speccy was whole again.

I think I killed a machine on average once every two months during the warranty period; only one speccy died after the first year.

forestville

Post by forestville » Fri May 18, 2007 2:43 pm

Now where do i start ok

when i had a speccy +2 i would ether punch the tv screen or the speccy keyboard when loosing on certain games and would go AAAARRRRGGGGHHHAAA! if a game would fail to load.

On the Amiga 500 if a game failed to load I would sometimes shout down the disc drive slot (not to mention repeatedly hammering the tv screen with my fist when loosing on games).

On the Snes if loosing on Actraiser even with the action replay on I was crap at it and would end up pulling the Actraiser cart out of the ar cart and throwing it up the wall.

On the Amiga 1200 the keyboard got alot of punishment, in the end the a1200 keyboard sagged in the middle.

On the Playstation 1 when playing Tomb Raider II just kept on dying at the same point over and over so I saw red and pulled the cable out on the back of the controller (resulting in buying a ps1 and gamepad).

alot calmer today 8) :D :D
Press play on tape

DrBlue

Post by DrBlue » Tue May 22, 2007 6:30 am

In my youth i was a habitual screen-puncher and bin-kicker. Usually due to Advanced Pinball Simulator or Master of Magic on the ZX Spectrum.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue May 22, 2007 7:41 am

I was screaming abuse at Tomb Raider:Legend's final boss on Sunday. The pad would have been thrown if I wasn't cutely aware they're £20 a pop.

Who decided a boss battle in a modern game should have no recovery option if you go in with limited health and it creates a restore point there? Ended up redoing the level from the start so I could survive the onslaught. Wish I'd just done that earlier, would have saved a lot of frustration.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

bosher

Post by bosher » Sun May 27, 2007 11:58 am

headhunter for the dreamcast made me angry. i had to buy a new memory card and control pad after yanking it out of my dreamcast and tossing it out of my bedroom window.

also crue ball for the mega drive nearly caused world war 3 in my house. after my younger brother stood on the mega drive and reset the game. this then caused my dad to rant and rave about how much of a d**k head my younger brother was, and my mother tossed the mega drive out of my room and also knocked the tv off its stand. happy days!!

i also smashed my xbox playing sonic heros.
davey bosher says relax!

michaelf

Post by michaelf » Sun May 27, 2007 2:21 pm

I broke a Sinclair SJS1 joystick playing Daley Thompson's Olympic Challenge - no loss there then :D

Slightly more annoying for me was throwing a Rainbow islands tape across my bedroom when my +2A refused to load it once more ... the tape exploded and it took me about 15 years to get a replacement ... never again!

MrCrusher

Post by MrCrusher » Sun May 27, 2007 7:16 pm

My brother stamped on his SNES, totally destroying it, after being beaten at Mario Kart. He then punched his mate for laughing at the smashed SNES. Bit of a serious MarioKart fiend, my brother.
Love

MrCrusher

cruachan

Post by cruachan » Tue May 29, 2007 4:10 am

Haha....this topic brings back some funny memories! I have had many joysticks thrown at the wall when playing project x on the amiga!!! ...and at 10 years old I remember throwing joypads everywhere due to r-type and alex kidd on the master system!!
My classic (or weirdest) moment was playing terminator 2 on the commodore 64, I got so frustrated that I slowly and methodically packed it all up, tape deck, psu etc. went upstairs and threw the whole lot out of the bedroom window!!

andrew_rollings

Post by andrew_rollings » Tue May 29, 2007 11:01 am

Jumping Jack.

I jumped up on the table and knelt on the spectrum after a particularly unfair death.

/WH Smith still replaced it :) "It stopped working, honest!"

Andrew

Grahame

Post by Grahame » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:54 pm

I dislocated my shoulder in february playing Gears of War. :oops:

I have a weak shoulder and have been getting physio since I dislocated it 1st time round playing football for my Uni. Was playing Execution and having a stinker, the final straw was when someone did the chainsaw glitch and killed me as I was lining up a boomshot on them. I threw the pad at my bed so hard that *POP* my shoulder went.

2 weeks off work on the sick as well. Told the boss I slipped in the Cheap MDF rubbish! I just switch it off before I reach boiling point now.

Just remembered another 1!
I once cracked a copy of Star Wars: Jedi Power battles for the PS1. I was about 4 mins in and kept dying on the same jump so I snapped, opened the disc tray and frisbee'd (Is that a word? Well it is now) the disc into the wall cracking it. Best bit of all? I rented it from Blockbuster and took it back saying it came in the case like that! I feel quite terrible about it now. :oops:
I'd buy that for a dollar!

Commander Jameson

Post by Commander Jameson » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:30 am

Some great ones so far....

JSW on the Spectrum - ripped out my dual joystick port after dying again, whilst the thing was still switched on. Realising I had then just killed my Speccy, lobbed the pdual portt adapter out the window. Learnt from Video Vault about 8 weeks later that I'd fried half my board doing that. And I was back using keys again.

Pulled a Shoulder Muscle Wii Bowling recently.Not as bad as my mate accidentally whacking his 1 yr old daughter round the head with it when he was going for a strike.
:O

The best had to be my punching the screen playing Starglider on my nearly new +2, which then caused the huge ghetto blaster to topple off the top of the portable telly and smashed into the speccy, bosting the cassette deck buttons.

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:40 am

MrCrusher wrote:My brother stamped on his SNES, totally destroying it, after being beaten at Mario Kart. He then punched his mate for laughing at the smashed SNES. Bit of a serious MarioKart fiend, my brother.
I take it your brother doesn't live where you do - I don't remember Wheelie World having any SNES'!
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward