Game Rage.!

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

RetroRik

Game Rage.!

Post by RetroRik » Wed May 16, 2007 8:17 am

Have you ever broken a Joystick, Gamepad or Computer/Console whilst in a fit of rage at being killed in a game.?

My mate smashed his ZX81 with his fist whilst playing Mazogs one day.

Regards

RIK

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed May 16, 2007 8:22 am

I always hear of people chucking computers or breaking joysticks but despite tons of frustrating gameplay in the 80's i never did any of that. Yeah i shouted, kicked the sofa or whatever but couldnt take it out on the poor ole Speccy !

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Wed May 16, 2007 9:33 am

Where's Sureshot? :wink:
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius » Wed May 16, 2007 9:34 am

I broke several Quickshot joysticks playing Batman the Movie on the Speccy. Used to lose my temper bigtime and fling them at the wall. Luckily they were only a fiver a pop.
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Wed May 16, 2007 9:36 am

Got pissed off when Smackdown 2 wouldn't load on a PS1 once, after an hour or so, slammed the disk in the machine resulting in a large crack appearing. Up the high street with last of my wages the next day to replace my younger brothers game. :(
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Wed May 16, 2007 4:41 pm

There's an old topic about it here: http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=399

Actually, I have to say, I haven't broken anything at all recently. I must be going soft in my old age. I think this was in fact the last time.

Elspuddy

Re: Game Rage.!

Post by Elspuddy » Wed May 16, 2007 6:15 pm

RetroRik wrote:Have you ever broken a Joystick, Gamepad or Computer/Console whilst in a fit of rage at being killed in a game.?

My mate smashed his ZX81 with his fist whilst playing Mazogs one day.

Regards

RIK
you dont want to know how meny bug joysticks me and my mum broke while playing delux pacman !
All spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and stupid comments are intentional.

stvd

Post by stvd » Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Not personally but my mate cracked my Megadrive pad in 2
playing Sensible Soccer (threw it off the floor when one
of his team were sent off) and snapped one of my Atari VCS joysticks
(which I had owned for nearly 18 years without any probs) while
playing Space Invaders.

I can still remember the horrible cracking sound! :cry:

MikeHive

Post by MikeHive » Wed May 16, 2007 7:53 pm

I had a friend many moons ago who was borderline psychotic when it came to gaming, and would hurl his Gameboy across the room when he died on Mario Land. Then he would go downstairs with the much abused and now broken handheld and tell his mum it had just stopped working, and she would buy him a new one. I think he was on his sixth Gameboy the last I heard. Actually, he kept asking to come around my house and play on my SNES because his mum wouldn't let him have one, but I didn't feel like having my controllers thrown through the TV...
~Mike
www.bthive.co.uk :: Banjo Trilogy Hive

Kenz

Post by Kenz » Thu May 17, 2007 7:21 am

My mate put his foot through a plasterboard wall while getting pissed off playing RayMan on the PS1 - that game has some NASTY hard levels!

I can always remember visiting him and asking him why there was a massive hole in his wall! :lol:
http://www.psytronik.net/ - New games for retro gaming systems!
http://www.binaryzone.org/retrostore/ - Binary Zone Retro Store!
http://psytronik.blogspot.com/ - Psytronik Software Blog now online!

Mic82

Post by Mic82 » Thu May 17, 2007 8:54 am

iss pro evolution soccer 98 on ps1,brazils ronaldo was the best player in the game,being a brazil fan and him italy,i kept ripping his backline apart.lost five joypads to em! still happens in pes6 but thankfully no joypads broken yet!

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Thu May 17, 2007 8:57 am

Lorfarius wrote:I broke several Quickshot joysticks playing Batman the Movie on the Speccy. Used to lose my temper bigtime and fling them at the wall. Luckily they were only a fiver a pop.
I did exactly the same - 10 joysticks later I decided to change brand to something more robust :lol:

Also I (still) have a thing for loosing my temper with PSX/PS2 pads - how crap are they!?! I find the d-pad very fiddly and unresponsive !!!

The Universal

Post by The Universal » Thu May 17, 2007 9:16 am

The purest form of rage comes from our very own Mr Jones.
Believe me you havent lived until you have sat through enchanted arms or spider man 3 game sessions with him. Here is a quick breakdown

1. oh no

first gaming mishap

2. oh my god

its starting to grate now

3. thats rubbish

usually reserved for unlinear plotline or instant death

4. this is awful for @@:*^ sake

a repitition of any of the above issues

5. I cant believe this its %@#*&£" terrible, why would they do this, this is ridiculous, £$%^, totally £$%^, $$%&^$£ h*&^, this is shocking, truly terrible

Special complaint reserved for camera issues

6. you %^$£

repitition of death at the hands of a camera angle or a return to a distant save point

7. Im turning this off in a minute

Usually when progress is slow, but there are gamer points just around the corner

8. right im trading that

the game hs it all, bad camera, unlinear plotline and invisible walls

;)
Just where is Mickey T?

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Thu May 17, 2007 10:03 am

I was calling a Robot or two a mother f**cker. I scliced open my hand with an Xbox controller once. Didnt half censored blood, the Controller just popped back together and oly had a slight rub marking on it from where it hit the wall. I think Microsoft were very well prepared for the Angry Gamer :wink:
Watching you sleep since 1990

The Penultimate Ninja

Post by The Penultimate Ninja » Thu May 17, 2007 10:12 am

Sega2006 wrote:I was calling a Robot or two a mother f**cker. I scliced open my hand with an Xbox controller once. Didnt half censored blood, the Controller just popped back together and oly had a slight rub marking on it from where it hit the wall. I think Microsoft were very well prepared for the Angry Gamer :wink:
I'm surprised you don't have a stack of old Playstations beside you to snap in half when things get frustrating. :P :D