Discuss Time! Issue 157

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

PostieDoc

Re: Discuss Time! Issue 157

Post by PostieDoc » Sun May 29, 2016 4:37 pm

Turrican, there is no reason why a new version with the core gameplay but sparkly graphics wouldn't sell well on modern consoles.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Mon May 30, 2016 3:01 am

PostieDoc wrote:Turrican, there is no reason why a new version with the core gameplay but sparkly graphics wouldn't sell well on modern consoles.
Games like Turrican have already appeared on modern consoles and they bombed. A.R.E.S Extinction Agenda Ex immediately springs to mind. Turrican gameplay, sparkly graphics, mainstream indifference. Maybe the name "Turrican" might add another couple of hundred sales or so.

On topic, I'm another one who would welcome a new Crimson Skies.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Mon May 30, 2016 2:36 pm

I really want a Castlevania Legacy collection that encompasses many of the games from the 8, 16 and 32 bit eras all premastered in 1080p with lovely presentation and a music selector for each one... ah, gaming Nirvana.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Lurchibles

Post by Lurchibles » Tue May 31, 2016 2:35 am

I'd love to see a reboot of Star Wars: Rogue Squadron. The N64 original was SO MUCH FUN! It got a couple of sequels on the Gamecube but then disapeared... Bring it back I say!

Sputryk

Post by Sputryk » Tue May 31, 2016 6:14 pm

Monty Mole. He's had his time in the sun, so Monty Returns. Needs to remain rather cutesy (a la MotR), and perhaps platforms in a 3D world and the ability to operate vehicles of any kind etc. Could even include his good buddy Sam Stoat in the story somewhere.

Or maybe Monty Apocalypse, whereupon having trained in secret in all kinds of weaponry, he rains havoc and chaos upon uncaring governments for their destruction of the planet.

antsbull

Post by antsbull » Tue May 31, 2016 11:27 pm

Thanks to the beauty of Kickstarter, I've actually made my dreams a reality. Being a massive fan of Sierra Online adventure games, I've contributed reasonable amounts to Leisure Suit Larry (reloaded), Space Venture (Space Quest 7 in all but name and character) and Gabriel Knight enhanced.

My all time favorite game is GoldenEye 007, but even thats been reloaded already - so I'm not really sure what else I would like to see again.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:24 pm

I'd like to see
Road Rash - preferably in the Megadrive style not the digitised PS1 offerings - maybe cel shaded or even out and out cartoon style. No hyper realism needed.
Panzer Dragoon - Obviously Saga rebooted would be lovely but never going to happen - however still room for expansion here.
Streets of Rage - Remake all but ready for release , polish it up and get it done.
Desert Strike - maybe a HD collection?

Hiro

Post by Hiro » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:41 pm

- The Mechwarrior series. Great series, forgotten for too much time.
- The Front Mission series. Evolved was a misfire, please bring the series back to its former glory.
- The Project Gotham Racing series. I need racers as good as those.

Why care about the weather
It always ends in dark

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:47 am

A lot of niche suggestions will bomb. HL3 is not something I now expect in my children's lifetime though! What are they waiting for? Beyond comprehension????

bounty bob

Post by bounty bob » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:58 pm

Return Of Bounty Bob for Xbox One. Come on Bill Hogue, you can do it.