Regular subscribers shafted once again.

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

junkmale

Re: Regular subscribers shafted once again.

Post by junkmale » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:00 am

Unfortunately it looks like it's not going to change any time soon?
It really needs a broad consensus of a lot of subscribers to take action and by the looks of things that's not going to happen.
It'll continue to happen and we are the only ones who can stop it or at least protest against it.
Seems i am more or less alone in feeling aggrieved with the mags publishers policies.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:10 am

Instead of posting about this just ring up, if your subscriptions over say you want to cancel it, they'll try and persuade you to stay, say can i have the new subscription with the £5 bookazine and no doubt you'll get it. I get the mag super cheap with the subscription so i'm happy with that, perhaps i could get a free bookazine but i'm okay with that. If you arent just ring up

Same for everything. My broadband deal has just ended so its shot up £10 a month to the normal rate, one phone call later and its £10 cheaper a month as i've signed up for 12 months.

But this is the way so many other businesses work, not happy with your Sky deal ring up and haggle about another one and once you get a new contract you'll get some freebies etc.

Ring up and let us know how you get on. For the sake of £5 i dont think its worth it personally

junkmale

Post by junkmale » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:12 am

It's the principle of it that's wrong not the value of whatever freebie they are giving away.