From The Forum 144 - Best Yu Suzuki game

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Antiriad2097

Re: From The Forum 144 - Best Yu Suzuki game

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:32 pm

joefish wrote:I actually built a Uriah dragon out of LEGO - he runs around on wiggly train tracks and ripples up and down in segments.
Do you have video of that? Or at least some pics?
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

joefish

Post by joefish » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:40 am

joefish wrote:I actually built a Uriah dragon out of LEGO - he runs around on wiggly train tracks and ripples up and down in segments.
Antiriad2097 wrote:Do you have video of that? Or at least some pics?
I'll try and dig some pics out. It was years ago so only some old digital camera pics. There was other stuff to go with it too, like stone heads with lit-up red red eyes, mushrooms, black lotus balls and a cyclops mammoth.

I think he's still together in a box somewhere, but I don't know if he still oscillates!

By the way, has anyone noticed that when Uriah is facing into the screen, you can still see his eyes as if he was facing out of the screen? It's the same sprite, it's just the sprite palette is altered so his bright green eyes look like a couple of dark spots instead. They're just generally hidden by his other body segments. The SEGA board can re-colour sprites on-the-fly - you might have noticed the the tall dandelion-like fungi come past in different colours during the latter parts of level 3, which doesn't happen in most conversions.

Doddsy

Post by Doddsy » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:21 am

Could it be Shenmue III....?

I like all his games. Each one is perfect for the technology it ran on at the time.

sidney

Post by sidney » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:49 am

So many great games- where could one possibly start? OutRun and Space Harrier made my young days super special!

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:26 am

Out Run 2. If you take away the sunny graphics and lovely music from the first game, it's really not much fun. Out Run 2 has all the summer goodness but is also ridiculously good fun also.