Introducing The Amiga Book

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Megamixer

Re: Introducing The Amiga Book

Post by Megamixer » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:23 am

Don't know if anybody is still struggling to find these books but the Smiths I go to has the C64/Spectrum, NES/Master System, Amiga and the blue Hardware 1977-2001 book (there's no volume number on it so I assume it's the revision) on the shelves.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Timothy Redux

Post by Timothy Redux » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:14 pm

Lovely book (bookazine) - could never afford the actual machine at school, but a friend had one, so I have some top notch Amiga memories. I also liked staring at the bouncing ball demo like kitten when I first saw it
The Artist Formerly Known as Timothy Lumsden...

russty_russ

Post by russty_russ » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:28 am

Megamixer wrote:Don't know if anybody is still struggling to find these books but the Smiths I go to has the C64/Spectrum, NES/Master System, Amiga and the blue Hardware 1977-2001 book (there's no volume number on it so I assume it's the revision) on the shelves.
I know the new Amiga book has the Revision mention on the spine. I think the Hardware book has revision on the spine as well or 2015 edition. This is from memory tho :)

The Revisied Amiga book has the same number of pages as the first. Anyone know what new content there is in the revised one (in favour of what was dropped) or do I need to take my first copy to Smiths to compare :lol:

hillelr

Post by hillelr » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:00 am

just got my amiga book today from the post
and i am very exited.
this is one machine i wished i had when i was a kid.

antsbull

Post by antsbull » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:43 pm

To those who have this Amiga Book - if I've got every issue of Retro Gamer, is it worth getting this book? How much of the content (a rough percentage) is new, and how much is from Retro Gamer mags?